Ontario OUT OF DOORS

Thread: Winchester 101

Apprentice

Last Online
    November 30th, 2014 @ 12:53 AM

Default Winchester 101

Anybody own one? Anybody shot one? Held one even? lol

I think an over/under of some sort is in my future. Was looking through a hunting catalogue and the 101 "Deluxe Field" caught my eye. Made in Belgium. Claimed to be "the best value over and under shotgun in the world" I am assuming they are now made by Browning?

I have however, never seen one in hand or ever hear about them on the forums. Length of pull is longer than my 11-87 (which fits me like a glove)... just looking for some feedback before I go track one down to shoulder.

2. # ADS

ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

Last Online
    December 17th, 2014 @ 08:49 AM

I have an old Win. 101 in 20 gauge and it is one of my favourite guns. The original ones were made for Winchester in Japan and they are very similar to the older Brownings. I have not seen the new Belgium made 101's but if they copied the same mechanism they should be a good gun. Most guns coming from Belgium are well made.
    Another O/U to look at would be a Beretta - I have 3 O/U and they all shoot great. They are well made - one 12 gauge of mine has shot over 50,000 rounds and it still is tight and looks new and I have never had a problem. You also can't go wrong with a Browning however they are a little heavy for my taste.

Borderline Spammer

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM

I have shot a lot of diffrent O/U and by far the best in my mind is the 101 that's why i own one. That gun is a classic i have an older model 12G. I have never ever had a probelm through with it and the guy i bought it from shot sporting clays every weekend with it and i have shot at least 1000 shells through it and it keeps going. I used it for duck hunting so it is in some rough shape but it only reaaly take it out for upland stuff now. It's a great gun and i am for sure going to pick up another one sometime in the future.

Needs a new keyboard

Last Online
    November 21st, 2014 @ 08:38 PM

The Belgian made Winchesters are coming out of FN Herstal. The company that owns both Winchester and Browning.
    Very well made guns, though I haven't seen a new 101.

Apprentice

Last Online
    November 30th, 2014 @ 12:53 AM

Thanks for the replies - I surfed around a bit and they are still "new", so the jury is still out... but one common complaint is that they don't come in 20ga.!

ADVERTISEMENT