Ontario OUT OF DOORS

Thread: Bay of Quinte Ice Bungalows????

Hard_Water

Default Bay of Quinte Ice Bungalows????

Is nippissing the only lake that has on ice bungalows?? I want to book a trip on Quinte next hard water season and would prefer staying on the ice. If this is not an option, could you please recommend the best place to stay for a friday to monday trip.

We just got back from Chilly Willy's on south shore. Scott was a great host and I don't have any complaints whatsoever. The problem is the lake itself. Been doing the bungalows now for 12 years and wi the exception of our very first year, the fishing has gotten progressively worse. 5 guys this weekend, 1 eye, 15 perch, 1 herring, and 4 mud puppies. We were outside our hut all day, tried 2 different days huts that he provides, tried locals holes etc. It's time to switch lakes.

Thanks in advance guys.

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

Last Online
    January 10th, 2013 @ 06:12 PM

I am pretty sure Simcoe has them.

Hard_Water

We head to simcoe a few times a year for day trips, I was looking to find a place on Quinte to nail some big eyes.

Needs a new keyboard

Last Online
    June 26th, 2013 @ 09:31 PM

im from deseronto and was thinking about putting up a few bungalows for next year. the problem is here you hve to build them very light because the ice is 4-10" thick. trust me there are a lot of huts at the bottom of the bay. otherwise, there is a hotel in deseronto about a 1 minutes drive to ice good fishing spots. check my bay of quinte threads for some huge eyes!

Hard_Water

Thanks for the info matt, I'll keep hat in mind. Let me know if you end up making the bungalows.

Anyone else happen to know of any other outfitters on other lakes with ice bungalows?

Thanks Chris

Just starting out

Last Online
    May 23rd, 2013 @ 06:24 PM

I have been searching for the same thing lately(ice bungalows on quinte) and found nothing. I know that hotel(not sure of the name) offers a hotel room for the weekend with and ice hut for a package price. Like the others said I think it is due to the ice thickness in the bay.
    Cheers,

NK

Getting the hang of it

Last Online
    October 1st, 2014 @ 03:46 PM

Temagami has some good bungalow operators been there twice. Lots of fish lakers, eyes, ling. A bit farther than nip but worth the trip. I'm heading to Angler's haven in March but if the fishing hasn't picked up it will be my last trip up for a while. Simcoe does have them in both the perch grounds and the trout grounds.

Hard_Water

Thanks for the info again guys. It really sucks that nippissing fishing has turned this bad. Temagami would be great but it's a little too far for a weekend trip. I would go longer but it's too hard to get everyone to be able to get time off at the same time. Looks like we may have to do the hotel deal.

Thanks again. Good luck at anglers. They are a great outfitter.

Chris

skeeter99

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Water View Post
    Thanks for the info again guys. It really sucks that nippissing fishing has turned this bad. Temagami would be great but it's a little too far for a weekend trip. I would go longer but it's too hard to get everyone to be able to get time off at the same time. Looks like we may have to do the hotel deal.

Thanks again. Good luck at anglers. They are a great outfitter.

Chris

It is only 45 mins to a hour north of north bay not rweally that much farther

and much better fishing all the time

ADVERTISEMENT