Ontario OUT OF DOORS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Apparel Knock-offs

Getting the hang of it

Last Online
    August 7th, 2014 @ 04:57 PM

Default Hunting Apparel Knock-offs

Has anyone else ever seen knock offs of major outdoor clothing brands before? I bought a Drake hoodie at the hunting show today, for what seemed like an amazing $15. Upon further inspection, some of the stitching was sketchy, and the sweater just didnt feel like very good quality. Who knows if that was because it was a knock off or the Drake quality is going downhill. It had all of the normal Drake tags, but it wasn't sold from what I would consider a reputable dealer. Has anyone else had experiences like this?

2. # ADS

ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 AM

thanks for the heads-up, I have noticed some stuff of lower quality from cabelas but I think it is just another made in China product, order the same hat 2 years later, same name and description but new contract with a new lower bidder in china, totally different fit
    "Life is full of wonderful opportunities brilliantly disguised as insolvable problems."

Loyal Member

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM

i was looking at most of the Drake line at bass pro earlier on in the year and noticed the quality to be garbage compared to browning or red head. they definitely have sold out on the quality for higher margin.

Loyal Member

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM

how was the show? i want to go tomorrow with the wife and kid. is it worth the 50 bucks?
    or should i go hunting for coyotes?

Leads by example

Last Online
    August 14th, 2014 @ 09:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by stevietangles View Post
    how was the show? i want to go tomorrow with the wife and kid. is it worth the 50 bucks?
    or should i go hunting for coyotes?
    go hunting, read my post in the outher thread.
    Never resent growing old, Many do not get the chance.

Borderline Spammer

Last Online
    August 16th, 2014 @ 07:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RNTDUCKER View Post
    Has anyone else ever seen knock offs of major outdoor clothing brands before? I bought a Drake hoodie at the hunting show today, for what seemed like an amazing $15. Upon further inspection, some of the stitching was sketchy, and the sweater just didnt feel like very good quality. Who knows if that was because it was a knock off or the Drake quality is going downhill. It had all of the normal Drake tags, but it wasn't sold from what I would consider a reputable dealer. Has anyone else had experiences like this?
    I bought a couple of the Legendary Whitetails swetshirts there on Saturday. I don't know if there knock offs or just factory seconds which a company usally throws out or sells them for discounted rate in bulk to who ever wants them to make some money back. I went over the shirts I got when I was there and guessed them to be factorys seconds becauseI found a couple of "mistakes" in the shirts that were done while making ( ie: missed threads, marks on the shirt). I've wanted to order from Legendary so I checked the shirts with what is online and everything is the same. I just noticed on the papers tags the shirts, they were mark as if they failed finally inspection. So it's really hard to say if there were knock offs or factory seconds,but my guess is factory seconds.
    "There's two reason to kill-survival and meat. We need meat."
    Jacob McCandles Big Jake (1971) Marlin 336BL, Marlin 308mx

Has all the answers

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM

They could be seconds. As long as it keeps you warm!

Leads by example

Last Online
    Today @ 08:49 AM

They should be sold as seconds such as electronics as supposed to have the refurbished sticker on the item when they are repaired and put back on the market. We seem to be getting more and more of these substandard products for quite high prices. I will pay good dollars for quality product however it's getting tougher to find these days. This is the age of maximim profit for minimum quality and regulators don't care because they get their share of the pie. Very disposable world we live in.

outback

Has too much time on their hands

Last Online
    Today @ 10:43 AM

Quote Originally Posted by RNTDUCKER View Post
    my wife and daughter were there yesterday,and my daughter purchased a Drake hoodie and it is fine, but she had also checked it out fully before she purchased it.
    we also checked it out fully, she and myself, after reading the first post. everything is fine.
    Last edited by jaycee; February 20th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Loyal Member

Last Online
    August 1st, 2014 @ 12:28 PM

I'm sure there are knock offs out there. That said, I haven't found legit Drake stuff to be of particularly good quality.

ADVERTISEMENT