Ontario OUT OF DOORS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1987 Bayliner Cobra Bass Boat

Needs a new keyboard

Last Online
    February 6th, 2013 @ 05:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeps with the fishes View Post
    WHY????
    why what? !@#$ I could say hi everyone what a nice day how are you, and i would get some wack job !@#$ing about it, too damn funny. too funny. you know i hear alot from people, and they wont join these forums, this one in particular because all you see is people B****ing at eachother over the internet about mostly random non sense. keep up the good work...not.
    Last edited by gordonk; April 9th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

2. # ADS

ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

Last Online
    Today @ 04:25 PM

I have rarly seen a small engine that was worn out. Most times the issue is carb, plugs or carbon build up. Case in point I thought my saw was toast ran Sea foam through it runs like new, cleaned the carbon out completely.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Borderline Spammer

Last Online
    June 11th, 2013 @ 05:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gordonk View Post
    why what? !@#$ I could say hi everyone what a nice day how are you, and i would get some wack job !@#$ing about it, too damn funny. too funny. you know i hear alot from people, and they wont join these forums, this one in particular because all you see is people B****ing at eachother over the internet about mostly random non sense. keep up the good work...not.

You should show them (the people who won't join the forums) your response. I was simply asking a question to why you want to purchase a 25+ year old glass boat that is prone to issues along with the engine and you responded with that mumbled up mess, keep up the good work !@#&*787 head!

Post-a-holic

Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM

NOW children ....let's play nice....sorta hehehehehe
    We're all in this together ! :joker:

Coarse fish magnet

Last Online
    July 26th, 2014 @ 03:48 AM

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I have rarly seen a small engine that was worn out. Most times the issue is carb, plugs or carbon build up. Case in point I thought my saw was toast ran Sea foam through it runs like new, cleaned the carbon out completely.

GW you run some mad old motors don't ya ?

But i guess at the end of the day, yours aren't Chrysler or some other horrible outboard company.

I used to have a 3 HP Evin-rude 1959 ran like a top, replaced it with a Suzuki DT8 - Up to this day i regret selling that motor.

Then again a 1992 14 HP Johnson with electrical outlet built in beats an 8 HP Suzuki

Gordonk After negotiating i was gonna get it for $1150 Boat + Trailer, Power Trim, Fish finder.

Probably 200 bucks in taxes and 500 gas - to me it was getting a good looking / somewhat running (LOL) bass boat under 2 G's
    Those who profit from death, misery, and destruction have mastered propaganda and the art of persuasion - There will always be the "Other"

Member for Life

Last Online

My outboard is from 1973 Ted Williams 7.5 and I picked up a spare for 75.00 (Runs nice). I like old motors cause they are cheap. Parts are rarly hard to find. Most times when someone saids there is a problem with a motor it's the carb, spark or gas. I try to squeeze everybit of life out of my engines and push em to the max.

I'm very hard on them and expect the utmost from them. I havent had a Chrysler but worked on one the carb was clogged and that was it. A budy of mine got it for 50.00 and sold it for 300.00.

Sometimes I like it when some run uneven as then I can get the fellow to knock off more money.

we bought a 1987 For F150 4x4 last week got 600 knocked off cause we noticed a few things. Were going to strip it to the frame this fall and rebuild/replace parts from the ground up. Budy will have a mint condition truck for 7500 when were done that will last for ever.

Afraz didn't you mention that you were beginning to learn some things about engines?? If you were and are starting to feel more comfortable and the deal looks good, why not if the engine has god compression and runs. Clean her up and get er done.

The other reason I like old engines as there is less "Junk" on them.

The older the better. That actually goes for anything (well except wives (shhhh)).

I was given an old trailer frame last fall striped it down did some welding and fixed all, could sell it for 600 or 700 now. But I think I will keep it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Afraz View Post
    GW you run some mad old motors don't ya ?

But i guess at the end of the day, yours aren't Chrysler or some other horrible outboard company.

I used to have a 3 HP Evin-rude 1959 ran like a top, replaced it with a Suzuki DT8 - Up to this day i regret selling that motor.

Then again a 1992 14 HP Johnson with electrical outlet built in beats an 8 HP Suzuki

Gordonk After negotiating i was gonna get it for $1150 Boat + Trailer, Power Trim, Fish finder.

Probably 200 bucks in taxes and 500 gas - to me it was getting a good looking / somewhat running (LOL) bass boat under 2 G's
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Loyal Member

Last Online
    August 18th, 2014 @ 04:03 PM

"we bought a 1987 For F150 4x4 last week got 600 knocked off cause we noticed a few things. Were going to strip it to the frame this fall and rebuild/replace parts from the ground up. Budy will have a mint condition truck for 7500 when were done that will last for ever."

Sounds like a waste of time and money. You could buy a way nicer/newer F150 for way less than $7500. I understand the issue of restoring a older vehicle, but an '87 Ford F-series??? I could see a '57 F-100. Also, a fully restored 1987 F150 WILL NOT last forever. That generation of F150 are notorious for rust, especially in Ontario.

Getting the hang of it

Last Online
    April 6th, 2013 @ 09:22 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Southfish View Post
    That generation of F150 are notorious for rust, especially in Ontario.
    It does not matter what the original rusted like it if it was restored it now depends on the new finish on how it will last.

Member for Life

Last Online

You cant get a modern 4x4 with locking hubs, also unless I'm wrong today's engines have alot more crap on them now. So actually yes the older the better. When were complete I would say as a redone 4x4 value will be approx 15,000.00

Also it will likely out last any modern truck when were done. I wouldn't waste my money on a modern one their not what their cracked up to be. Junk!

Quote Originally Posted by Southfish View Post
    "we bought a 1987 For F150 4x4 last week got 600 knocked off cause we noticed a few things. Were going to strip it to the frame this fall and rebuild/replace parts from the ground up. Budy will have a mint condition truck for 7500 when were done that will last for ever."

Sounds like a waste of time and money. You could buy a way nicer/newer F150 for way less than $7500. I understand the issue of restoring a older vehicle, but an '87 Ford F-series??? I could see a '57 F-100. Also, a fully restored 1987 F150 WILL NOT last forever. That generation of F150 are notorious for rust, especially in Ontario.

ADVERTISEMENT