Ontario OUT OF DOORS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duck/Goose calls

Borderline Spammer

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by GBuck View Post
    why barry, whatever do you mean?

i have lots of calls, I change the lanyard around all the time. never seen a bad call.

hey - OP - u have a shoreman? I have a DVD from josh neuwiller 'in his own words'. one of the best callers out there. i got rid of my shoreman recently - if you want the dvd its yours. PM me and we can set something up.

G,
    I am very impressed with the way ur taking to this kinder gentler forum...

Barry,
    Ha...

To the post;
    So so many brands and styles of calls. Im not to sure i could if i had to pick a certain brand. As i grow older i grow wiser i guess, My fav's would include a LMC Reaper, Saunders traffic in wood as i hate the acrylic mouth piece, and i guess you could toss in the Gander Valley XXX. Duck calls without a doubt a Hobo ICU2 the a Gander Valley Homewrecker.
    There are many many great call makers out there i have been lucky enough to deal with most of them and run the majority of there calls. I was at the Carp show over the wknd and ran a Recall Design call (the shortest one) If i could convince him to roll the mouth piece i would run one of his, with better gut.

2. # ADS

ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Bird View Post
    G,
    I am very impressed with the way ur taking to this kinder gentler forum...
    I'm offended by it.

Just starting out

Last Online
    November 6th, 2013 @ 02:13 PM

I will have to give Gk a serious look next time I'm in the market for a duck/goose call.

What is the trick with blowing a cluk on a flute Gbuck, I have been trying for a while an can't quite get it. That or the grunt...

Any tips?

Leads by example

Last Online
    December 8th, 2014 @ 04:27 PM

the shoreman is a cool call. it can be run either as a flute or short reed. which, by the way, it true for almost any flute call - if it is tuned right. so if u want to cluck on the shoreman just watch any youtube instructional out there and you will have it.

Leads by example

Last Online
    December 8th, 2014 @ 04:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I'm offended by it.
    since you used that phrase without a little smiley face there probably is a siren going off in the IT dept at the OFAH

if I get banned I am blaming you

Loyal Member

Last Online
    December 16th, 2014 @ 05:45 PM

I use Big Sean's Calls. I like to run an acrylic Mr. Big, and a cocobola Big Kahuna.

For ducks I use a hobo calls triple reed tracer.

Just starting out

Last Online
    November 30th, 2014 @ 11:24 AM

I mix things up constantly, but normally around my neck is a Saunders traffic for honkers, and for ducks I will never hunt without my hoboICU2...one of the best sounding duck calls I've ever blown. I'll be running a custom call made by a friend this year with the GK bigs. I used to carry all kinds of calls...but now I keep it simple and with what I know works. 2 goose calls, and one duck call....works for me

Has all the answers

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM

For this season I've added a Bay Country Calls Shore thing for a goose call which I really like and an Echo xlt for a duck call.Also very nice! I think the trick is just finding a call that fits you good. Good feel and tone. Every body seems to blow a call just a little differently so not every call will be the right one for every caller. Try as many as possible and then decide!

Goose smasher

Loyal Member

Last Online
    December 6th, 2014 @ 02:53 PM

Dont buy Knight & hale 3 in 1 goose call lol it might be that im new to calling but i bought this call( first call,20 bucks)to practice. out of the box sounded like a kazoo. I should have done my research on this call. it did not get good reviews. After hours of trying to tune and learn at the same time ive decided this call is no good. I can get it to somewhat resemble a goose honk but when i watch other calls online the tone is just way better. Any one else try this call? Maybe its just the way i blow the call i dont know.

Has too much time on their hands

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by bardern View Post
    OP it is a great idea to stick with that Mann Flute. It has a different tone that the geese haven't been conditioned to. I'm going to age myself but the old Grounds Guides Best Flute killed a lot of geese for me back in the 80's and early nineties.
    Another one I like to pull out sometimes is my Half Breed. Such a hard call to learn how to use effectively, but it's rather invaluable at times!

-Nick
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

ADVERTISEMENT