Ontario OUT OF DOORS

Thread: Breda Fucili

Apprentice

Last Online
    April 19th, 2014 @ 11:24 AM

Default Breda Fucili

Anyone know much about older model Breda 12 gauges? I'm more specifically looking for some type of owners manual or technical information. The one I have doesn't say anything anywhere about chamber size, model, or anything.

Might just have to break down and take it to a gunsmith if all else fails.

2. # ADS

ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM

Any luck with Google? Breda's been building guns since well before I was born.

Apprentice

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Pat32rf View Post
    Any luck with Google? Breda's been building guns since well before I was born.
    Spent quite a bit of time on Google last night. I think I've narrowed it down to two older models but nothing specific yet. I'm just curious as to whether it'll handle steel shot, and how big the chamber is - harder to find information than I thought.

Leads by example

Last Online

Is it a gas or recoil operated autoloader?
    Either way, the chances of it being designed for steel shot are pretty slim. Can you remove the barrel and measure the chamber? If it is recoil operated the barrel should come off pretty easy. Don't know about a gas operated Breda...if they even made one.....
    Once the barrel is off, just take a look inside at the forcing cone. Various places sell plastic vernier gauges for under $5. If you get one you can measure the distance from the chamber rim up to the beginning of the forcing cone. What you read is the chamber length. Probably 2 3/4" but could be shorter.
    Is there any chance that there is a measurement in mm stamped on the barrel?

Apprentice

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Pat32rf View Post
    Is it a gas or recoil operated autoloader?
    Either way, the chances of it being designed for steel shot are pretty slim. Can you remove the barrel and measure the chamber? If it is recoil operated the barrel should come off pretty easy. Don't know about a gas operated Breda...if they even made one.....
    Once the barrel is off, just take a look inside at the forcing cone. Various places sell plastic vernier gauges for under $5. If you get one you can measure the distance from the chamber rim up to the beginning of the forcing cone. What you read is the chamber length. Probably 2 3/4" but could be shorter.
    Is there any chance that there is a measurement in mm stamped on the barrel?
    Are there any other waterfowl-safe loads I can use that would be safe in a gun designed for lead?

As for the chamber measuring - I'll try to take the barrel off tonight to measure the chamber. Never thought of that.

Apprentice

Last Online

Found this....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/28678805/B...Shotgun-Manual

This appears to be the same gun, however my gun has a bolt style trigger lock. Hopefully it'll offer more info.

Apprentice

Last Online

So, according to that manual it is chambers for 2 3/4 (70mm), and the choke included is a full-chock. Now, the barrel is chrome-polished Breda steel ... wonder if that means it'll handle steel shot Probably not lol

Leads by example

Last Online

I expect that there is an importer who handles Breda out there someplace in North America ...They might have more info

Has all the answers

Last Online
    March 25th, 2014 @ 07:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jweese View Post
    Are there any other waterfowl-safe loads I can use that would be safe in a gun designed for lead?

As for the chamber measuring - I'll try to take the barrel off tonight to measure the chamber. Never thought of that.
    If you are looking for non toxic loads, Kent Tungsten Matrix is safe for full choked guns, and I believe there are some bismuth loads out there as well. Don't expect it to be cheap though, I haven't priced it lately, but I think it's going to be about 4$ every time you pull the trigger.
    "Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours." John Locke
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

ADVERTISEMENT