Ontario OUT OF DOORS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ontario farmer/landowner tag

Has all the answers

Last Online
    Today @ 06:29 PM

Default Ontario farmer/landowner tag

How exactly does this work? I own 66 acres so it looks like I can apply. Is it strictly for the controlled hunts listed on the application of can I get one for bow hunting? Can the tag only be used on my property? I understand they are cheaper than a regular deer license/tag but I'm not really clear if I need my license and then can apply for one of these tags also?

I know I'm too late for this year but just wondering for next.

Thanks,

Dave

2. # ADS

ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:58 AM

Its not cheaper for a landowner but it is for a reg farmer. Its for a controlled hunt any were u apply. garrenteed tag. U can still get a tag. at sevice ont right now I think. a buddy just picked 1 up he forgot to apply.

Has all the answers

Last Online
    Today @ 06:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Its not cheaper for a landowner but it is for a reg farmer. Its for a controlled hunt any were u apply. garrenteed tag. U can still get a tag. at sevice ont right now I think. a buddy just picked 1 up he forgot to apply.
    Okay thanks. Good to know.

So if I understand this correctly even if all the additional tags for the controlled hunt are sold out I can still get one or if I apply ahead of time I'm guaranteed to get a tag? Is this for antlerless only or either?

Dave

Needs a new keyboard

Last Online
    July 24th, 2014 @ 09:59 AM

Must own over 50 acres to be able to apply and can only hunt that wmu , yes they are 10 dollars cheaper.
    Filling Tags

Member for Life

Last Online
    Today @ 08:56 PM

There is more to it than just being a landowner...you have to be a registered farmer...here is the application form:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodcons...nr_e001315.pdf
    "All hope abandon ye who enter here. "...Dante'

Just starting out

Last Online
    November 23rd, 2014 @ 06:09 PM

As long as you own 50 acres or more you are eligble for a landowners tag, you dont have to be a farmer. As stated on the application from the MNR

Needs a new keyboard

Last Online
    May 1st, 2014 @ 03:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    There is more to it than just being a landowner...you have to be a registered farmer...here is the application form:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodcons...nr_e001315.pdf
    Nope - Just being a landowner qualifies you..... Don't need to be a farmer.

SECTION 3 - Applicant’s Qualifications
    Applicant: You must qualify under one of the options below to receive a Farmer/Landowner Validation Tag(s). Check one
    box only.
    I own a parcel of land of 20 hectares (50 acres) or more.
    or
    My occupation is farming and I am the holder of a valid Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
    Farm Business Registration number ____________________________________ (or else, I have attached
    a letter of exemption issued to me by the Farm Organizations Accreditation Tribunal).
    or
    I am either the Owner, one of the Joint Owners or the Sole Designated Representative (President, Vice-
    President, Treasurer or Secretary) of the Company (Name of Company)
    _________________________________________which owns a parcel of land of 20 hectares (50 acres) or
    more. (ONLY the Applicant qualifies to receive a Farmer/Landowner Validation Tag under this option
    and only ONE application per qualifying property is permitted. NO additional validation tags can be
    issued.)

Borderline Spammer

Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 PM

Ok just to clear the water abit there are two things being talked about here. As a farmer you can purchase a farm tag which is a kill tag. It is only good for the township that your farm is located in. Only the person or persons named on the property deed can purchase one of these. These tags are $26 vs a regular deer kill tag at $45. Now as a property owner you are also entiled to a controlled hunt validation tag which is not a kill tag but a validation tag that allows you to take part in the controlled hunt. To automatically qualify you must own at least 50acres. Any imediate family member qualifies. To get in on the controlled hunt applications must be in by October 1 but a farmers kill tag can be bought any time and must be bought at a service center.

Apprentice

Last Online
    Today @ 09:08 PM

Our tags for 92D were free. For either sex, during muzzleloader first week. Also got a buck bow tag for same area for the farmers tag price.

LG

Borderline Spammer

Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by L_GUNN View Post
    Our tags for 92D were free. For either sex, during muzzleloader first week. Also got a buck bow tag for same area for the farmers tag price.

LG
    The tag you have for the muzzleloader season is an endorsement that allows you to partake in the hunt but is not a tag to place on the deer when harvested. These are free. The kill tag which is affixed on the deer after harvest is bought as a regular tag or as stated eairler as a farmers tag which can be used during all seasons ( with the proper equipment during the correct season) as long as its in the farm propertys township

ADVERTISEMENT