Thread: Nat's boots

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Nat's boots

Anyone here can offer a review? I was at Sail this afternoon looking at them and could not believe how lightweight they are. I am wondering how durable and warm they actually would be to wear.

http://www.sail.ca/catalog/search/?s=Nat%27s

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

The only trouble with wearing a rubber boot, insulated or no, is that in a short period of time the moisture that your feet put out has nowhere to go.

You can obviously help mitigate that with gore tex socks etc, but the moisture will still remain trapped in the boot, eventually causing cold spots where the boots insulation becomes saturated.

Just my $0.02

Elite Member

User Info Menu

My buddy is a big fan of his Nat's, he really finds that the air chambers in the sole keeps him warmer when standing on the ice. As far as the non breathing goes I find the important thing is to have removable liners. I find they suck up enough of the moisture to still keep you warm. However Very important to put them next to the wood stove over night so that they dry up for the next day otherwise very cold feet.

I'm waiting to see how long the material of the Nat's lasts before I try a pair.
    Heeere fishy fishy fishy fishy! :fish:

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I've had a pair since spring 2009 and they are finally about ready to retire.

Without a doubt the best, most comfortable rubber boot i've ever worn/owned. I will buy another pair. About 1.5 years ago I had to retire the liner that came with the boot and used a liner from another older pair of rubber boots I had. They are surprisingly very warm too!

I couldn't even guess how many km's I've put on them.... very comfortable for walking.
    Big Jobbers Hunting Team

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by big jobber View Post
    I've had a pair since spring 2009 and they are finally about ready to retire.

Without a doubt the best, most comfortable rubber boot i've ever worn/owned. I will buy another pair. About 1.5 years ago I had to retire the liner that came with the boot and used a liner from another older pair of rubber boots I had. They are surprisingly very warm too!

I couldn't even guess how many km's I've put on them.... very comfortable for walking.

X2. I own 2 pairs of Nats. Best boot money can buy. I have suffered from frozen feet my whole life....but not after buying my Nats. I swapped the cardboard sole insert for a thermal/humidity absorbing insert (from CT) and I refuse to wear anything else since. (Ice fishing, snowmobiling, hunting, snowshoes.....)

1 cheap alternative to the Nats is the Coldfront from Pronature. Almost as good.

On page 2 of the flyer, they are half price at the moment : http://www.groupepronature.ca/

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I've also had a pair for almost 3 years, and they are AWESOME boots. I love how light they are, and since they aren't "rubber", but EVA foam, when you DO get a hole or tear in them, and you will (at least I always do), they can be repaired with super glue. In fact, they come with a tube of it. I had a beauty 2x3" L shaped tear in one of mine, and the glue sealed it up like brand new.

EXCELLENT buy for the money.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

i sell nats and can not keep them on the self
    snowshoers love them because of the weight and trappers
    plus there snowmobile boot is awsome to

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I've had a pair for the past 8 years. Excellent boot, warm, light durable. I am the dogger at the camp and wearing them has made my life a lot easier. No one who I've shown them to can believe how light they are, but still warm. They are just starting to wear out and crack but still good. Be careful as they are sized differently. Go try a pair on, instead of ordering on line. I'll be looking for a new pair of boots and them specifically. Where can I pick them up.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I was also looking into their boots for the misses . It's looking like i need to get her a pair n