Ontario OUT OF DOORS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No 2013 HUNTFEST

Elite Member

Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 PM

Default No 2013 HUNTFEST

To Our Valued Huntfest Attendees:

We regret to inform you that we have made the difficult decision to officially cancel the Huntfest 2013 event.

On behalf of Wild TV and the Huntfest team, we would like to apologize for the late notice of cancellation, especially to sponsors and attendees who have been dedicated supporters for years. We intend to make next year’s Huntfest the most successful event yet.

We hope you’ll join us in 2014, and would like to thank you again for your patronage at Huntfest 2012. We look forward to seeing you next year! If you’d like us to keep you posted on Huntfest 2014, you can sign up to receive e-mail notifications below:
    BOW HUNTER
    08 Diamond Justice
    Exalibur Exomag

2. # ADS

ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

Last Online
    Today @ 07:22 PM

It's Canada wide too...holy crap Batman...something sinister is going on in Gotham City
    "All hope abandon ye who enter here. "...Dante'

Member for Life

Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 PM

My biggest gripe with Huntfest (besides the packed, crowded, 1000000 degree venue) was the timing. Summer is an awful time. Do it in late March when there is very little going on for the average sportsman as opposed to literally any other time of year.

Loyal Member

Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM

If it is run by the same group that had it in Orangeville a few years ago, sorry to say, no real loss, other then losing a 'hunting venue'. The drive, the entry fee, and my time, were wasted. This was also what I heard from others walking around and exiting the show, and later on a few forums. Better deals and value spent at your local Delta banquet.

Don.

Member for Life

Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 PM

Someone on the facebook page didn't hold any punches with the news on their page.

This is OLD news. We have known its been cancelled for a LONG time already. Personally, I gotta say, I'm not gonna miss it. Ask ANYONE who worked a the Orangeville show, and the will tell you it was a joke anyway.

I for one am glad. Sorry, but you'll find that my opinion is the majority. Otherwise, it would still be on.
    Hopefully they do bounce back, I enjoyed last years show with my family. Wonder what this will do to the grizzly awards, if anything.
    Dress me in camo, load me with ammo, with a little luck, I'll get me a duck!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

Just starting out

Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM

Default No Huntfest? this sucks

I for one am very disappointed that there is not going to be a Huntfest this year. I enjoyed meeting the people from some of my favorite hunting shows. I also will never forget my then 3 year old son being complimented on his shooting skills by John Hunt from Hunt TV only a few weeks before John died. I am not sure why people are saying its no big loss considering there is nothing else like it around. This years Toronto Sportsman's show was the worst I've seen yet for the lack of booths and interesting hunting innovations. The hunting hall was sparsely filled, which I'm sure Toronto didn't mind. With fewer gun shows around and sportsman shows, we should mourn the loss of any event that puts hunting out there for the public to experience.
    Get ready, Take 'em

Just starting out

Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by zoli 16ga. View Post
    If it is run by the same group that had it in Orangeville a few years ago, sorry to say, no real loss, other then losing a 'hunting venue'. The drive, the entry fee, and my time, were wasted. This was also what I heard from others walking around and exiting the show, and later on a few forums. Better deals and value spent at your local Delta banquet.

Don.
    agreed 100% and a 4 hour drive at that....

Has all the answers

Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 PM

I was looking forward to it again this year. I was there last year and while it was by no means a large show I thought it had good quality vendors. I'm not quite sure what people expect out of these shows.

Has all the answers

Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by timmer90 View Post
    agreed 100% and a 4 hour drive at that....
    4 hours - that sucks. As the crow flies I am 3.5 km (probably the closest on the forum) from the Orangeville location and I have to admit that even I felt it was not that good. However as some have stated there are no good alternatives so it is too bad that it is cancelled instead of "amped up" somehow.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.

Member for Life

Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    4 hours - that sucks. As the crow flies I am 3.5 km (probably the closest on the forum) from the Orangeville location and I have to admit that even I felt it was not that good. However as some have stated there are no good alternatives so it is too bad that it is cancelled instead of "amped up" somehow.
    693Km's from here, made the drive last year and was going to again this year, guess I'll catch it in '14
    Dress me in camo, load me with ammo, with a little luck, I'll get me a duck!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

ADVERTISEMENT