Ontario OUT OF DOORS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lake medad

Just starting out

Last Online
    February 19th, 2014 @ 01:52 PM

Default lake medad

Hello All,

Does anyone know if there is anyway to access lake medad legally. I mean its right there, and the government must own the water. I jsut don't know how to get over to it.

Please PM me if you have any tips as to how tog et there, and or what to expect in there.

Thanks

2. # ADS

ADVERTISEMENT

Monkey Island Refugee

Last Online
    July 21st, 2014 @ 08:44 PM

I'm not familiar with it...whereabouts is it?

Administrator

Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM

From my Google search was able to find that Lake Medad is a small spring-fed lake that feeds 12mile creek (Bronte creek).

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...h&z=16&iwloc=A

Apparently the golf course (Hidden Lake Golf & Country Club) is the only access point and they are (apparently) not too friendly to non-players. This is just from what I found online.

Administrator

Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Screwbs View Post
    I use to live in Waterdown. You have to get permission from management from the golf course. Good luck, didn't work for me. You might want to start with a membership. What I've been informed is that it is an excellent pike and LM fishery. Get permission, las thing you want to do is be lead away in handcuffs.
    And get that permission in writing signed by both parties so that they cannot go back against their word.

Monkey Island Refugee

Last Online
    July 21st, 2014 @ 08:44 PM

Is the creek navigable? Can you just hop in and paddle your way up to the pond? Just kidding...sort of...

Has too much time on their hands

Last Online
    Today @ 09:58 AM

I second everything Screwbs wrote - no way to access the lake without going through the golf course... The owners of the golf course are apparently big fishermen and purposely limit the access because it IS a good fishery. I had a buddy who used to work in the Pro Shop at Hidden Lakes who told me all about it.

BD

jeepjunkie

I believe there is access to Lake Medad through a road allowance that would connect Millburough Line north the Millburough line south. If you look at the ontario base maps (1:10000) you can see it. Can't remember where it says in the Public Lands Act, but I think road allowances are considered public lands.

Has too much time on their hands

Last Online
    Today @ 09:58 AM

jeepjunkie - in looking at the Google map, I don't see any way into the lake on the road allowance other than bushwhacking... I think it would be a SERIOUS hassle to get in there that way, and maybe not legal even...

BD

jeepjunkie

isn't there also something in one of the acts about access along shorelines

so may feet back being open to public. one of those old laws that for some reason still exists today, back from when traders travelled by canoes and needed places to rest along waterways

Needs a new keyboard

Last Online
    Today @ 10:20 AM

If you really want to fish this lake that bad there's 2 things you can do - join the golf club - or parachute into the lake - either way would be legal - if you parachute you'll need a seaplane to get you out again - considering the expense I would find another lake to fish - canada has enough lakes to fish what more do you want - it's almost like Eve - she had all those trees to eat fruit from but had to grab the apple from the one tree she should not have - must be human nature

ADVERTISEMENT