Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Nottawasaga River Salmon Run ...

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Camoman : I have been on the river every day for the last 5 days or so and haven't seen a single salmon ... hooked a ton of 6-8 inch trout but no salmon.

xw01708 : Is there good fishing at the bridge between baxter and thornton ? I always see cars there as well.

perrysbirds : Where exactly are you talking about ? And by "Cue" do you mean sitting and waiting because there are so many people ??? ???

-Rim'
    Rimmer,Im not sure about the bridge in baxter as I have never fished it before.I am pretty new to Angus with only being here a couple of years.However on highway 90(Right in Angus) I have seen lots of Salmon pulled out of the river over the last 2 yrs.If you want to come up from Alliston sometime I will show you the area where i am talking about!
    Oh what i mean by the "cue" is bring your barbecue and we can have some burgers or whatever!

Perry in Angus!
    Pro staffer for spypoint

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks Perry, I will def' take you up on that! I have only been to Angus twice before!

- Rim'

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I fish that river every year in fall and dont go till mid september and the run is descent but have been thinking with the weather conditions they might start early going to check it out sometime this week will let you know

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

With all the rain we have had this summer I bet you will be able to hook one sometime this month.
    Pro staffer for spypoint

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I have never fished at the bridge between Baxter / Thornton but I did take a walk down there one day and it doesn't look too bad open water and fairly deep. I found the best place to fish for Salmon in the Not was @ wasaga beach sand banks the fish still appear somewhat silver and its nice and wide. I have fished the pine river for years and the number of salmon seem to be down over the last couple. One place I like is the mouth of the beaver river in Thornberry casting a silver meps (good fight). Angus is also good but I think you have to pay to fish on the south side of the bridge so I stopped fishing there. I could be wrong but the north side is free but lots of people. Sept depending on the rain should be OK but I have also heard of salmon in Aug. I do more lake fishing now so I will ask around and let you know when there in. Cheers

avengere1

hey rimmer i fished the nod all weekend no salmon runnin yet,all i go was a few 27-28 inch gators,pike lol

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I've caught salmon in the middle of August in the past. I only fished way upstream on the Pine R. Without Beaver damn removal I'd speculate they are not getting that far anymore but Try off Airport Rd. Just north of mansfield River rd I believe first left after the Mansfield Rec. area and then go south on Concession 4 Pine River runs under the road there and absolutely no crowds and a beautiful pool, plus if you like the trout it holds a lot of good brookies in the area with easier access then the Boyne R.
    This year I'd have to say after the next torrential downpour of a day or two solid they'll be in thick numbers.

avengere1

hi i have been fishing the nod for the last several days,i see no sign of salmon yet,fished from wasaga down to angus,but talked to people who say they have caught salmon all ready but havent seen one or anybody with one lol

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Same Avenger ... mind you I am fishing South of Nicholson Damn ... tons on Trout 10"-12" but haven't seen anything remotely looking like a salmon ... and I have been out there 5 days a week for almost 3 weeks now for the wee trout.

- Rim'

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Hey Chucky,

I can do you one better ... my parents own 100 acres and on there property is a prime fishing spot on the Nott' .... was thinking about bringing down my bbq, setting up a tent ( incase of bad weather ) and letting the good times roll!

- Rim'
    nice man sounds good, maybe a cooler for some refreshments