Thread: Shout out to the flintlock shooters/hunters?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Shout out to the flintlock shooters/hunters?

I'm just wondering if there are any other folks near me who enjoy hunting with a flintlock? I've used my 20ga. Caywood "Type C" fusil for 10 years now on turkeys and had a few good goose hunts with it as well. I haven't carried it much for deer, but I'd like to. Might even try squirrel this fall as I'm looking for more "excuses" to tote my fowler in the woods. Anyone else? I'm in Kingston.

2016-04-25 - tom#1.jpgbaron.jpgflinter.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I shoot a .45 CVA Kentucky and just recently purchased and .58 Enfeild Musketoon which I haven't shot yet.

pics at (http://www.oodmag.com/community/showthread.php?83659-Enfield-Musketoon )

I'm out Turkey Hunting now with a .12 ga Traditions and I hunt Deer in the fall with an in-line .50 Cal Traditions.

Really pulled back from hunting with the centerfires in the past few years....no thrill in them anymore, give me smoke any day of the week

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I'm getting to be the same way, Mike. I own lots of centerfires and I enjoy them, but I get so much more satisfaction from hunting with my flintlock. I'm going to give it a try for deer this year.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

yeah, pa pellet flint. nifty lil one

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I shot a doe 2 years ago with my Thompson Hawken .54 cal percussion. I recently bought a Lyman Great Plains flintlock also .54 cal. I have a Pedersoli Scout in .32 cal for squirrels and small game...lots of fun. I have gotten quite addicted to the traditional black powder guns. My next gun will be a 20 ga fowler flintlock.