Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Ice anywhere? Plus carp fishing

  1. #1
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default Ice anywhere? Plus carp fishing

    Hey all, is ice forming anywhere up north yet? Looking forward to the season starting but southern ontarios quite warm lol.

    was also wondering if anyone ice fishes for carp in ontario. I have been trying to find them in my lake in the winter hut they disapear. One time i saw one cruising below the ice but that was it. I even tried looking for them in a tiny pond and they were gone lol where do they go?! Also trying to find the catfish.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aabol6988 View Post
    Hey all, is ice forming anywhere up north yet? Looking forward to the season starting but southern ontarios quite warm lol.

    was also wondering if anyone ice fishes for carp in ontario. I have been trying to find them in my lake in the winter hut they disapear. One time i saw one cruising below the ice but that was it. I even tried looking for them in a tiny pond and they were gone lol where do they go?! Also trying to find the catfish.
    I got a report of some ice forming but it's 700 plus kms away from Toronto lol. That was few days ago it was minus 16 the other night too but it's warming up again.

    Might head up the second week of December for a few days if I get a chance.

    I don't even see parts of Simcoe ready in ready in December this year . Unless we get some real cold in 3 weeks long range don't look good. We need another great polar vortex to come visit us soon [emoji1787]

    Hear of the odd carp caught but not often I wouldn't bother with them in the winter .

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fishfood; November 25th, 2020 at 12:58 PM.

  4. #3
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    You guys buzz off with your ice and stuff! Take up hunting! Once hunting is over, it can freeze, lol.

    Little lakes are starting to ice over here but the plus 4 days on the way will likely fix it.

    Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

  5. #4
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    I got a report of some ice forming but it's 700 plus kms away from Toronto lol. That was few days ago it was minus 16 the other night too but it's warming up again.

    Might head up the second week of December for a few days if I get a chance.

    I don't even see parts of Simcoe ready in ready in December this year . Unless we get some real cold in 3 weeks long range don't look good. We need another great polar vortex to come visit us soon [emoji1787]

    Hear of the odd carp caught but not often I wouldn't bother with them in the winter .

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Yeah late start this year sadly.

    Carp are the main species i target in the summer aswell as catfish, love catching them and was hoping to find where they huddle in the winter to catch some. We have lots of trout in the lake but unfortunately they are out of season in the winter.

  6. #5
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Just came back from Temagami.
    Small lakes were starting to skim over.
    Larger lakes only the back bays and some of the shoreline.
    The next week or two will determine how quick the ice comes on.




    _____________________________________
    Living proof that "beer builds better bellies".

  7. #6
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Anyone have more ideas about finding carp in the winter? Or catfish

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aabol6988 View Post
    Anyone have more ideas about finding carp in the winter? Or catfish
    Frenchmans Bay in Pickering. I once saw a guy pull a 20 carp through an 8 inch hole. It was a challenge but he got it up.

  9. #8
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Targeting carp in the winter thru the ice IMO is almost a waste of time.
    In the past I've fished a place full of carp, but carp thru the ice were quite rare.
    Open water produced lots.




    _____________________________________
    Living proof that "beer builds better bellies".

  10. #9
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Woke up yesterday at Temagami to see the lake at the town froze over thinly.
    Last night should have add some thickness.
    Low winds are helping it set up.




    _____________________________________
    Living proof that "beer builds better bellies".

  11. #10
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Woke up yesterday at Temagami to see the lake at the town froze over thinly.
    Last night should have add some thickness.
    Low winds are helping it set up.
    I wish it was the same in the south .

    Thanks for the update .

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •