Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pelee Island Pheasant hunt back in 2021..

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    I bet they lose money with not taking last minute sales.... Seems like their no refund policy is going to hurt them.
    think their policy is to minimize loss. Since they need to know how many pheasant to purchase guess a firm number is needed.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Yeah that's exactly it finsfurfeather, they can plan the bird purchase much better knowing exactly how many licenses are sold. That being said, as fratri noted, they will likely loose sales with the no refund policy and not selling last minute - plus as the border currently remains closed, I doubt there will be any American hunters going this year - so will be fewer hunters in total for sure. Hopefully all goes well with Covid and the hunt happens, looking forward to it - even if I have to risk the cost of the license.
    Lorenzo

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lor79 View Post
    Yeah that's exactly it finsfurfeather, they can plan the bird purchase much better knowing exactly how many licenses are sold. That being said, as fratri noted, they will likely loose sales with the no refund policy and not selling last minute - plus as the border currently remains closed, I doubt there will be any American hunters going this year - so will be fewer hunters in total for sure. Hopefully all goes well with Covid and the hunt happens, looking forward to it - even if I have to risk the cost of the license.
    Lorenzo
    With the uncertainty and the cost would not tiny be a better option?
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    With the uncertainty and the cost would not tiny be a better option?
    Oh yeah, I still intend on hunting all my favorite local spots within an hour or so from my home, (which is 90% of my hunting), but I like Pelee as a change of scenery and a treat for myself, just to get away from it all. I also have a second dog on the roster this year, so I want to get her on as many birds as possible, and Pelee fits the bill - its always a blast.
    Lorenzo

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lor79 View Post
    Oh yeah, I still intend on hunting all my favorite local spots within an hour or so from my home, (which is 90% of my hunting), but I like Pelee as a change of scenery and a treat for myself, just to get away from it all. I also have a second dog on the roster this year, so I want to get her on as many birds as possible, and Pelee fits the bill - its always a blast.
    Lorenzo
    I feel the same. Tiny can make for a very short hunt sometimes if you’re just after big fat bazants
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

User Info Menu

Purchased licenses for Hunt #2
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointer View Post
    Awesome Ninepointer, enjoy the hunt!!

Lorenzo

User Info Menu

Remember, the deadline to purchase your license is April 1 this year!!!
    https://www.pelee.org/pheasant-hunts/

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointer View Post
    Me too! See you on the island

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    Me too! See you on the island
    Did you guys reserve the Ferry yet?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast