Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pelee Island Pheasant hunt back in 2021..

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateman View Post
    Did you guys reserve the Ferry yet?
    Ferry not taking fall bookings yet. Soon they say.
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I checked the Ontario ferries site and it looks like ferry bookings will commence in May for the pheasant hunt dates.
    Lorenzo

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Thanks Lor. I called the other day and the guy I spoke to didn’t know anything. He said they were trying to get an online system up and running.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    Thanks Lor. I called the other day and the guy I spoke to didn’t know anything. He said they were trying to get an online system up and running.
    No problem Dilly. I also called and emailed and they didn’t seem to know what was happening. I was hoping to
    book the ferry before I buy the licence. Hopefully it’s the usual expanded ferry service with both boats going during the hunts, we’ll see what happens.
    Lorenzo

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lor79 View Post
    No problem Dilly. I also called and emailed and they didn’t seem to know what was happening. I was hoping to
    book the ferry before I buy the licence. Hopefully it’s the usual expanded ferry service with both boats going during the hunts, we’ll see what happens.
    Lorenzo
    I wonder if they are holding back to see what the volume of license sales looks like before they commit the boats? I know they will be buying birds based on sales this year. I heard they may be arranging for adult birds to be brought over instead of pen rearing them on the island.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    I wonder if they are holding back to see what the volume of license sales looks like before they commit the boats? I know they will be buying birds based on sales this year. I heard they may be arranging for adult birds to be brought over instead of pen rearing them on the island.
    I think that’s exactly it Dilly, I thought the same thing ... can’t say for sure but it makes sense.
    Lorenzo

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Heads up folks, looks like there is an update again on ferry reservations. Looks like they will be taking reservations for ALL sailings up until late November on March 15 2021. check out the Ontario ferries website to make sure, but it looks like it’s this Monday now.
    Lorenzo

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Thanks Lorenzo.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Just called and looks like the hunt reservations are again on hold until May 2021. Very confusing this year, as the update said reservations for ALL SAILINGS start on May 15th 2021.
    Lorenzo

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Thanks again for the update. I forgot to call today. You saved me calling tomorrow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast