Thread: Welder

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Welder

Going to be putting an outboard transom extension or offshore bracket on my boat.
    I can find suppliers in the USA and BC but none in Ontario.
    Think I'll just get one welded up from aluminum here in Ontario.
    Can anyone recommend a good aluminum welder around Brampton or even someone who manufacturers the brackets in Ontario?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

It would be a wee drive, but worth your time. Kawartha Prop Repair in Buckhorn does outstanding aluminum tig work. They do lots of custom fabrication. Great guys to deal with. Ask for Jamie, the shop Manager.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Stanley boats in Parrysound

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    Stanley boats in Parrysound
    Already contacted them they don't that anymore.
    Thanks

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Have you contacted any of the smaller welding shops in your area for a quote. I would phone a few looking for a quote I'm sure there are more than a few that could accommodate you this time of the year as it is normally slower in the winter. If I was in your area I could help you out with doing the job sounds like a nice little job. If I may suggest if you contact some of the smaller shops if they'll take cash I'm sure they would as I know I like cash in the jeans and you be able to save yourself some money as well.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Check if TEAM boats will build you something. They are a small boat builder out of Bala.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigboy 304 View Post
    Have you contacted any of the smaller welding shops in your area for a quote. I would phone a few looking for a quote I'm sure there are more than a few that could accommodate you this time of the year as it is normally slower in the winter. If I was in your area I could help you out with doing the job sounds like a nice little job. If I may suggest if you contact some of the smaller shops if they'll take cash I'm sure they would as I know I like cash in the jeans and you be able to save yourself some money as well.
    I have and here in Brampton they don't call yeah back!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Vangro Welding on Dundas and Cawthra in Mississauga might be able to help you out. Good little mom n pop welding shop