Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boat licensing changes proposed

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G Skinner View Post
    Would think we'll all be "Grandfathered" it sounds like it applies to new applicants .
    Glen
    I had to renew my boat licence this year, after 10 years. There was no cost....this time !! They will no doubt start charging for a renewal...
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Do you mean the Pleasure Craft Operators Card? Mine is so worn you can't see anything. Just a 12 ft tin with a 7.5

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Do you mean the Pleasure Craft Operators Card? Mine is so worn you can't see anything. Just a 12 ft tin with a 7.5
    No,not those. They're a separate entity designed to safety train operators,likely the ONLY one to do so. IMHO,the rest is a cash grab. This deals,specifically,with federal vessel registration ie: the registration numbers that are required on the side if every vessel with 10hp or larger (eg: 52E54321). Go to the Transport Canada website. Go to the registration page,fill it out as directed,enter those registration numbers and print off a paper copy that's supposed to be carried on every boat. I keep both the registration and PCOC together in my tackle bag inside a zip lock to keep it dry. If you're stopped on the water by a marine patrol,those documents are the first thing they ask for. Don't leave home without them.
    Last edited by trimmer21; December 22nd, 2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

The way I see it it's nothing more than a cleverly disguised cash grab and nothing to do with safety. As such I have a hard time believing that no matter what anyone submits as comments they already have their minds made up. Saying that I have registered and will pass on my thoughts anyway.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Ok, let's come back to the original question.
    I checked the link they provided.
    The website asked to register first. OK, I did.
    But then there is no easy way to give feedback. I actually don't understand how to do it at all.
    I expected that either MOT or OFAH would create a questioner where we could enter 'agree' or 'not agree' on certain positions.
    Or OFAH would compose a letter (petition) which we could sign. Something like that.
    It's quite difficult for me (and I think for many) to respond otherwise.
    Any suggestions?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    Ok, let's come back to the original question.
    I checked the link they provided.
    The website asked to register first. OK, I did.
    But then there is no easy way to give feedback. I actually don't understand how to do it at all.
    I expected that either MOT or OFAH would create a questioner where we could enter 'agree' or 'not agree' on certain positions.
    Or OFAH would compose a letter (petition) which we could sign. Something like that.
    It's quite difficult for me (and I think for many) to respond otherwise.
    Any suggestions?
    I just sent an email to my MP, voicing my concerns....
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The principle behind boaters having a PCOC was to ensure operators knew what they were doing as to safe operation. The fact the government downloaded the program to the private sector for implementation from the get-go ensured there wouldn't be another governmental bureaucracy mired in red tape and sucking up tax funding like a Hoover vacuum. Now,the government is proposing to "enhance" (more Liberal bullshyte) the PCOC to make it a license,too,so it can be suspended much like a driver's license. Just what we need,more useless federal programs to burn up taxes.
    Last edited by trimmer21; December 23rd, 2020 at 10:17 AM. Reason: sp
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I just sent an email to my MP, voicing my concerns....
    Could you please send me a PM with the text you sent your MP. I'll do the same.
    Thank you.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Can you say revenue generator? The COVID dinner cheque is coming and every needs to chip in - LOL

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    No,not those. They're a separate entity designed to safety train operators,likely the ONLY one to do so. IMHO,the rest is a cash grab. This deals,specifically,with federal vessel registration ie: the registration numbers that are required on the side if every vessel with 10hp or larger (eg: 52E54321). Go to the Transport Canada website. Go to the registration page,fill it out as directed,enter those registration numbers and print off a paper copy that's supposed to be carried on every boat. I keep both the registration and PCOC together in my tackle bag inside a zip lock to keep it dry. If you're stopped on the water by a marine patrol,those documents are the first thing they ask for. Don't leave home without them.
    T 21. I was stopped and checked by the OPP marine unit twice this past summer. They only asked to see my PCOC. I told him I had my registration , and asked if they wanted to see it as well. Both times, after checking my PCOC, they replied that it was not necessary, and I was free to go. They just wanted to get close enough to smell my breath, checking for drinkers they were.
    Last edited by fishermccann; December 23rd, 2020 at 09:37 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast