Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Boat licensing changes proposed

  1. #11
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G Skinner View Post
    Would think we'll all be "Grandfathered" it sounds like it applies to new applicants .
    Glen
    I had to renew my boat licence this year, after 10 years. There was no cost....this time !! They will no doubt start charging for a renewal...
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Do you mean the Pleasure Craft Operators Card? Mine is so worn you can't see anything. Just a 12 ft tin with a 7.5
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  4. #13
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Do you mean the Pleasure Craft Operators Card? Mine is so worn you can't see anything. Just a 12 ft tin with a 7.5
    No,not those. They're a separate entity designed to safety train operators,likely the ONLY one to do so. IMHO,the rest is a cash grab. This deals,specifically,with federal vessel registration ie: the registration numbers that are required on the side if every vessel with 10hp or larger (eg: 52E54321). Go to the Transport Canada website. Go to the registration page,fill it out as directed,enter those registration numbers and print off a paper copy that's supposed to be carried on every boat. I keep both the registration and PCOC together in my tackle bag inside a zip lock to keep it dry. If you're stopped on the water by a marine patrol,those documents are the first thing they ask for. Don't leave home without them.
    Last edited by trimmer21; December 22nd, 2020 at 01:34 PM.

  5. #14
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The way I see it it's nothing more than a cleverly disguised cash grab and nothing to do with safety. As such I have a hard time believing that no matter what anyone submits as comments they already have their minds made up. Saying that I have registered and will pass on my thoughts anyway.
    Smitty

    Straight shooter

  6. #15
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Ok, let's come back to the original question.
    I checked the link they provided.
    The website asked to register first. OK, I did.
    But then there is no easy way to give feedback. I actually don't understand how to do it at all.
    I expected that either MOT or OFAH would create a questioner where we could enter 'agree' or 'not agree' on certain positions.
    Or OFAH would compose a letter (petition) which we could sign. Something like that.
    It's quite difficult for me (and I think for many) to respond otherwise.
    Any suggestions?

  7. #16
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    Ok, let's come back to the original question.
    I checked the link they provided.
    The website asked to register first. OK, I did.
    But then there is no easy way to give feedback. I actually don't understand how to do it at all.
    I expected that either MOT or OFAH would create a questioner where we could enter 'agree' or 'not agree' on certain positions.
    Or OFAH would compose a letter (petition) which we could sign. Something like that.
    It's quite difficult for me (and I think for many) to respond otherwise.
    Any suggestions?
    I just sent an email to my MP, voicing my concerns....
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

  8. #17
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The principle behind boaters having a PCOC was to ensure operators knew what they were doing as to safe operation. The fact the government downloaded the program to the private sector for implementation from the get-go ensured there wouldn't be another governmental bureaucracy mired in red tape and sucking up tax funding like a Hoover vacuum. Now,the government is proposing to "enhance" (more Liberal bullshyte) the PCOC to make it a license,too,so it can be suspended much like a driver's license. Just what we need,more useless federal programs to burn up taxes.
    Last edited by trimmer21; December 23rd, 2020 at 10:17 AM. Reason: sp

  9. #18
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I just sent an email to my MP, voicing my concerns....
    Could you please send me a PM with the text you sent your MP. I'll do the same.
    Thank you.

  10. #19
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Can you say revenue generator? The COVID dinner cheque is coming and every needs to chip in - LOL

  11. #20
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    No,not those. They're a separate entity designed to safety train operators,likely the ONLY one to do so. IMHO,the rest is a cash grab. This deals,specifically,with federal vessel registration ie: the registration numbers that are required on the side if every vessel with 10hp or larger (eg: 52E54321). Go to the Transport Canada website. Go to the registration page,fill it out as directed,enter those registration numbers and print off a paper copy that's supposed to be carried on every boat. I keep both the registration and PCOC together in my tackle bag inside a zip lock to keep it dry. If you're stopped on the water by a marine patrol,those documents are the first thing they ask for. Don't leave home without them.
    T 21. I was stopped and checked by the OPP marine unit twice this past summer. They only asked to see my PCOC. I told him I had my registration , and asked if they wanted to see it as well. Both times, after checking my PCOC, they replied that it was not necessary, and I was free to go. They just wanted to get close enough to smell my breath, checking for drinkers they were.
    Last edited by fishermccann; December 23rd, 2020 at 09:37 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •