Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boat licensing changes proposed

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    And I don't understand what all this stuff means. Do we, boat owners, have to do some thing or not?
    You don't have to do a thing. Just forewarning of likely changes that will affect those that have boats with engines >10hp and/or longer than 6 meters, and groups that offer courses and testing for the Pleasure Craft Operator's Card. The changes involve fees, so don't worry, if you are affected by these changes the government will surely contact you to collect their new fees.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    T 21. I was stopped and checked by the OPP marine unit twice this past summer. They only asked to see my PCOC. I told him I had my registration , and asked if they wanted to see it as well. Both times, after checking my PCOC, they replied that it was not necessary, and I was free to go. They just wanted to get close enough to smell my breath, checking for drinkers they were.
    I don't know why they didn't check for it. They sure could have. Federal Fisheries Officers ask for them every time. Along with 2" letters and numbers afixed to both side boards of the boat,Sect 101 (a) (b) and (c) Small Vessel Regs. require licenses to be carried on board.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

T21 . I always have it on the boat. Each boat. I agree they could have, I had it ready, but they didn't bother to look. Did not check for anything else on the boat either, lifejackets etc. It is a relatively new Lund , with most of the safety stuff visible, fire extinguisher, etc, so I assume that they had bigger fish to fry. It was obvious that they did not care about the state of the boat, only the operator.
    Last edited by fishermccann; December 23rd, 2020 at 11:29 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I don't know why they didn't check for it. They sure could have. Federal Fisheries Officers ask for them every time. Along with 2" letters and numbers afixed to both side boards of the boat,Sect 101 (a) (b) and (c) Small Vessel Regs. require licenses to be carried on board.
    I have been checked several times and have yet to be asked about registration etc.. I keep everything in the watertight bailing can that has a rope, flashlight etc....on board.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The principle behind boaters having a PCOC was to ensure operators knew what they were doing as to safe operation. The fact the government downloaded the program to the private sector for implementation from the get-go ensured there wouldn't be another governmental bureaucracy mired in red tape and sucking up tax funding like a Hoover vacuum. Now,the government is proposing to "enhance" (more Liberal bullshyte) the PCOC to make it a license,too,so it can be suspended much like a driver's license. Just what we need,more useless federal programs to burn up taxes.
    Would the revenue from fine's not go to the provincial Government.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Would the revenue from fine's not go to the provincial Government.
    That's the way it used to work. All ticket revenue written by the OPP went to Ontario,tickets written by city coppers went to the city and federal officer's tickets went to Ottawa.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That's the way it used to work. All ticket revenue written by the OPP went to Ontario,tickets written by city coppers went to the city and federal officer's tickets went to Ottawa.
    Do we have federal officers enforcing these laws, I thought it would be the OPP ?

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Anyone know where to get a lost pleasure craft license reprinted? I'm sure there's a fee....but I can't seem to find mine now that I think of it.....
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBates View Post
    Anyone know where to get a lost pleasure craft license reprinted? I'm sure there's a fee....but I can't seem to find mine now that I think of it.....
    This site may help you...

https://tc.canada.ca/en/marine-trans...stions-answers
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Do we have federal officers enforcing these laws, I thought it would be the OPP ?
    We can get checked by RCMP around here...
    -Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast