Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Pass

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

The only thing that concerns me a little is my elder Black Lab (13yrs) . Would foxy mess with my dog? If so it would be good night Fox!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregger17 View Post
    The only thing that concerns me a little is my elder Black Lab (13yrs) . Would foxy mess with my dog? If so it would be good night Fox!

Not much chance of that happening.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Not much chance of that happening.
    Good to know, I’d hate too dust the guy for no reason.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Free pass until he/she decides that my chickens make a better meal than the rats/mice/voles do!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    They are cute, nice picture..... I seen one the other day, first time in a long time.... They too will get a pass unless a landowner says otherwise...
    We had 2 with a litter of 11 last year under my neighbor's barn. I would sit on the porch at night and watch them play tag doing laps around my house. One little one would have a squirrel tail, and 10 would be chasing it...they all moved on out of the neighborhood around 2 moths old. The squirrels and rabbits around here took a huge hit...the fox were fed really well.....
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I wish I could attract some around my little property
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I wish I could attract some around my little property
    The way it usually works is that if you feed deer a little bit it also attracts rodents.
    In turn, foxes also show up. Sort of the cycle of life.
    I have not fed the deer in a month but the foxes still show up. Must be a bumper crop of rodents.
    Oddly enough, a doe and fawn are still here as well. I walked to within 30 yards of them this morning.
    It has been a very mild winter so far with very little snow. They are in no hurry to go anywhere I guess.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

We have a resident fox that usually raises a litter around our house. Fun to watch in the summer.
    OFAH, CSSA, NFA

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The Dairy Farm that my son works at and that I occasionally help out at had a young fox living in one of the buildings, the farmer wanted me shoot it, but I told him it was probably doing more good then harm and it would not attack the cows. It stayed around for about 3 months and then disappeared.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Get people stopping us when running hounds for coyotes and ask us to not shoot foxes as they have a den close to their house.

I always tell them we don't shoot foxes and the fox den close to your house to stay away from the coyotes in the bush.

Which is true, Coyote will kill the entire litter and parents if given the chance.

Shoot a coyote, save a fox.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast