Thread: Hardwater and 2021

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Hardwater and 2021

I've spent what time I could getting out for Crappie in the Kawartha's and even managed an outing on Quinte for walleye. Not much progress on the catching side, a bunch of zero's but a lot of learning. After almost and entire year, I finally made it to Simcoe for perch yesterday. Amongst other things, I've also picked up a flasher this year. In previous years, never felt the need to have one. My ice fishing was limited to 1 or 2 outings for perch with an operator. In the past couple weeks, it's helped increase the fun factor.

Must say, I feel like I'm cheating a bit. It was slow to start the day yesterday, but it turned on around noon, and didn't really let up. Had to take my set line out because it was just getting too hard to fish two set ups. By the time I had one up and going back down, the other was being hit. Which brings me back to my flasher.

During one quasi lull, the flasher was quiet. Marked something, so I raised my jig. Love watching them come up off the bottom to follow. Outside of topwater, you never know when something might be following. With a flasher you know Not sure I'd have ever caught the one pictured ( and more yesterday) without that knowledge.

In the end it was a banner day. No idea total numbers. But kept enough for a couple feeds for the missus and I.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great outing. I've lit it up this year, and caught a few 8+lb eye's. I don't know how to post without it not showing locations. ...
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Gps data in the Exif?
    If you have a photo editor you can remove the exif data. Or just way to recognizable scenery? If this, not much to be done but heavy black outs

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Took my son and the neighbours son out to Rice Lake last weekend and Crowe Lake the weekend before that, no keepers either time. Trying Rice again tomorrow in a different spot and then Long Point Bay with an outfitter on Monday.
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Nice going that looks like a hog did you get a measurement 14 inches? . Enjoy the good eats.
    I'll be chasing after that 15 incher next month.
    What kind of flasher did you pick up? They are a game changer and can be fun .
    Want to play around with the live scopes but no way am I paying those prices lol.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fishfood; February 19th, 2021 at 09:00 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I tried Rice a couple times to get my feet wet 73. An easy walk, so you likely know exactly where Good to scratch the itch and have a little fun. Want to go back for Crappie until I find some. Missus has dietary concerns, so "rich" meats like Trout/Salmon don't agree with her, else I'd target some other lakes.

Fishfood.
    I ended up getting a Marcoum M1. Does the job for me. Yeah, a real game changer that's for sure.
    That one was 12-13 maybe. Might have pushed 14, not sure. I lost a tank, though it might have been a small whitey as well.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Looks bigger than a 12 lol I would say a 13 for sure lol.

I only ever got one 15 and it was Many moons ago . I believe it was a 15 it was never measured so I am chasing that 15 with a measurement lol. Buddy was close last year 14 and 7/8s a few 15s come every year come from a last ice area I fish. .

Looking for that fat 15 two pounder perch lol.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

14-15 would be a dream
    Looks bigger, but really isn't. It's a wide angle lens.

Swims with the Fishes

User Info Menu

Beauty perch. Quinte has been the worst I’ve fished in 10 years. They are there just not hitting
    That rug really tied the room together