Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Well it's on the market

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Keep you hunting when a limb lets go?
    I'd rather be fishing! Unless you want to go hunting!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

& I bet this thing will sell, & some will even love it! lol
    “Think safety first and then have a good hunt.”
    - Tom Knapp -

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G.S. View Post
    & I bet this thing will sell, & some will even love it! lol
    You are probably right.....sad thing is, it isn`t going to make anyone be a better hunter, it will probably make them a worse hunter.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

And I guess it will be a little bit more of a safety factor to consider..... Not sure about any of you , but I always remove my bolt from the crossbow when I am making my way to a new spot and need to cover some ground quick.....
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Coincidentally Trudeau will send you chegue to buy one...look up 1-800-CERB
    Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Honestly i am lost with this.......what do you try to say?
    It's a bit facetious...lots of guys were using their $2k a month CERB cheques to buy guns...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    And I guess it will be a little bit more of a safety factor to consider..... Not sure about any of you , but I always remove my bolt from the crossbow when I am making my way to a new spot and need to cover some ground quick.....
    Yea the dry-fire system will make that double problematic. It doesn't allow you to simply pull out the arrow...it has to be discharged ( I believe)

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Is it reasonable to consider this for bear or moose hunting where you might get a second shot?? I'm just grasping here.

I have been in two deer hunting situations where I could MAYBE have taken a second shot at a second deer (but in neither case did I have a second tag) - but these are rare...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Yea the dry-fire system will make that double problematic. It doesn't allow you to simply pull out the arrow...it has to be discharged ( I believe)
    There has to be a system for doing this, even with the modern excals there is a way to override the dry far mechanism to decock the bow.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LeakyBoots View Post
    Is it reasonable to consider this for bear or moose hunting where you might get a second shot?? I'm just grasping here.

I have been in two deer hunting situations where I could MAYBE have taken a second shot at a second deer (but in neither case did I have a second tag) - but these are rare...
    So get rid of the repeating rifles and shotguns then too, I mean, if you never have a second shot with a bow then there would be no need for a second shot with a gun.

I got 2 shots off at a doe and 2 fawns 2 years ago with the side lock 50 cal, smoked a tree and missed it, loaded and got the one little one sneaking past. There is a reason they brought out a double barrel muzzle loader and double barrel shotgun, it may not be for everyone but the idea is sound that a 2 shot crossbow will sell.

Think about this situation, you are party hunting deer during the bow season, or have an additional tag. A couple deer pop out, you take the first shot and know you nailed it, the sound of the bow does not scare the other off, it looks around, twang, 2nd deer down, nothing wrong with that.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Looks good, better than alot of the ones with all the wires and pulleys running all over and not appreciably bigger!

Double crossbows have been around for centuries, IF I recall right there were some of them in the Museum of Hunting and Nature in Paris, there were a variety of different crossbows and pellet/stone bows there. It was years ago and all the variety of crossbows/pelletbows, spears, trophies and firearms were just amazing, here is a link to some double barrel muzzies.
    https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractio...=7&ff=57433252

The air rifles are what got me going, I mean muzzleloaders with 6 or 10 shots in rotating barrels etc and all inlaid with ivory etc. but they had atelast 3 of the muzzle loading air rifles...
    https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractio...=7&ff=57539366

Way cool to me.

As for the others I mentioned, not a good pic but on the left you can see a 4 barrel muzzleloader and further out revolver muzzle loaders, they wanted that follow up shot too.
    https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractio...7&ff=160747366

IF .... I remember right all the crossbows and pellet bows were in the room to before this one. I can't find a picture of them but will add it later if I do.
    https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractio...7&ff=169074599

They used to have alot on their webpage but I only see a few firearms now and one crossbow, a rather elegant looking one at that though.
    https://www.chassenature.org/en/crossbow-to-jalet/

P.S.
    I found a picture of one of the pellet bows, I was there about 15 years ago so perhaps that display is long gone???
    http://jeffnlia.blogspot.com/2011/01/
    Last edited by mosquito; January 7th, 2021 at 07:36 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast