Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Well it's on the market

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    the safety has to be manual engaged after it's cocked
    Not sure if all of them but Excal removed the automatic safety and I believe a number of other ones as well. The safety was going on without the string being caught by the trigger assembly (what is the crossbow version of a sear?).

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Not sure if all of them but Excal removed the automatic safety and I believe a number of other ones as well. The safety was going on without the string being caught by the trigger assembly (what is the crossbow version of a sear?).
    Sometimes the user forgot to reset the 'sear'...before drawing the string. User head space HaHa..

I haven't kept up with these Micro designs, I don't know if the industry standard change.

Maybe it's an issue with having two triggers. I noticed in the video there is a seperate safety for each trigger.

Anyway, not a biggy, just something you'd have to get used to remembering before you loaded the arrows. But I always thought the auto safety was a great idea...no downfalls to it.

Common Problems
    Crossbow will not : This is less common than it used to be but could well be the result of not having the safety mechanism in the "fire" position while cocking. That used to be necessary on some crossbows, but for the most part, it no longer matters whether the safety is on safe or fire when cocking. In that case, make sure you are pulling the string all the way back.

Safety did not engage while cocking, and crossbow will not fire: In all likelihood, the bow was short-cocked. In other words, the string wasn't pulled all the way back, far enough to the bow and engage the safety mechanism. You should be able to simply re-attach your cocking mechanism and pull back farther, until you hear a distinct "click" and see that the safety has engaged.

Safety did not engage while cocking, but crossbow will fire: It shouldn't happen, but I've encountered this on bows from several different manufacturers. One solution is to simply click the safety on after cocking and continue as usual. However, something is not working properly, and I would advise taking the bow to your local pro shop or contacting the manufacturer or place of purchase about possible repair or replacement.
    Last edited by MikePal; January 10th, 2021 at 04:09 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

This might be better total of 5 shots and easier to load

Member for Life

User Info Menu

GW..Joerg made one back in 2017:

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Most of us if we’re honest have had situations where a follow up 2nd would have been handy. I’ve managed to load ( lol) my micro a 2nd time once. But didn’t like the shot angle so didn’t take it.

Don’t understand the “hate”. It’s a tool, no more and no less. Too each their own.

I would never though. Love the micro, less is more imo. Especially when in blinds/stands and thick Bush. My previous Eclipse was always getting caught on branches. And when deer are sketchy size matters or more importantly movement. The bigger the tool, the more movement.

And for the most part, it just strikes me as most stuff hunting. Slick marketing designed to get people to open their wallets.

A lot of trade offs and down side, for a “2nd” shot most of us might wish we had time for just a couple times in our lives
    ??

i’ll have zero sympathy for the guy that drops 2,200 or 2,500. Then for the next 5-7 years lugs that thing around and fills a tag with the first shot.
    Last edited by JBen; January 10th, 2021 at 05:08 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    YET! Many American states dislike crossbows already. This will be the final straw.
    At one point, crossbows were not legal in most states. They have since come around. I don’t see this changing anything.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I think their still illegal in NS and NB, but I heard the law will change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    At one point, crossbows were not legal in most states. They have since come around. I don’t see this changing anything.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Anybody knows what's the actual draw weight for this thing, for each set of limbs? I saw 360 lbs is being posted, but it does not make sense.
    “Think safety first and then have a good hunt.”
    - Tom Knapp -

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Specs

Speed: 500 FPS
    Weight: 8.4 LBS
    Length: 28”
    Width Axle to Axle Cocked:3.6”
    Width Axle to Axle Uncocked: 7.6”
    Power-Stroke: 15”
    Kinetic Energy: 222 FT LBS
    Draw Force: 17 LBS
    HexCoil Cam System
    VersaDrive Cocking System
    Fully Assembled/Pre-Tuned
    6 – Ravin .001 Arrows & Field Points (400 Grain Total)
    Ravin Scope Level
    1 – Removable Draw Handle
    1 – Quiver/Mounting Bracket
    Adjustable Turret Scope
    Built-In Cocking Mechanism
    Anti-Dry Fire/Auto Safety
    Built-in Sling Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by G.S. View Post
    Anybody knows what's the actual draw weight for this thing, for each set of limbs? I saw 360 lbs is being posted, but it does not make sense.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

The draw weight of the Excalibur twin seems to be 360 lbs. I really wonder how the new recurved limbs, which had to be shaped to fit the twin design, will deal with such energy.
    Last edited by G.S.; January 12th, 2021 at 11:41 PM.
    “Think safety first and then have a good hunt.”
    - Tom Knapp -

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast