Thread: End of summer trip (if the world doesn't end!)

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default End of summer trip (if the world doesn't end!)

Good morning!

Im starting to plan the end of summer trip for the wife and I. Last year we travelled as far as Hearst and had a great time staying at Fushimi Lake Provincial Park.

This year we plan on taking approximately three weeks covering the Lake Superior route and staying at the following parks...Chutes, White Lake, Sleeping Giant, Lake Superior and possibly Grundy. I'll be carrying my 12 foot tinnie and 7.5 horse with me to do some fishing on smaller bodies of water.

Does anyone have any experience with this area?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I never stayed at those places (I’m mainly a crown land camper) but I can say it’s a beautiful drive following superior.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Birdbuff, sorry for the late reply but I stopped looking at my post. If you are familiar with that area, any lakes in particular I should hit? I'll be bringing a 12 foot tinnie and 7.5 horse with me. I fish for any and everything.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I've fished white lake for pickerel and did very well. The lake can blow up quickly and be way too much for a 12 footer though so you have to pick your weather.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Lake Superior PP covers a huge area and no motorized boats are allowed within the park boundaries. That being said, I believe there are canoe rentals available at a few places that would give you a chance to fish a few lakes in the park itself?
    Since you're in the planning stages of your trip, I would also suggest you contact several of the towns along the way for tourist info. Often they can offer good suggestions on the area?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

The river that runs through the Chutes holds specs. Fished it years ago. There's different access points off of the road that runs along the river. You'd only be able to fish sections of it unless you can portage your 12 footer. I fished it early in the summer when the water was high out of a canoe and there was lots of rapids to portage around, Nice body of water... If you have any questions send me a PM.

Pete
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks for the responses guys. Yes, in Lake Superior P.P. you can only run motors on Superior itself and Sand Lake. I'm certainly not opposed to getting off the beaten path a bit either if it means better fishing, either by driving to a spot to launch at a back lake or hiking in somewhere to shore fish.