Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 500fps Xbow

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Default 500fps Xbow

Now what? It breaks the 495fps mark, and an electric motor cocks it for you. Think it will be allowed in Ontario "bow" season? Requiring a PAL?

https://ravincrossbows.com/

A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Cool.... I think I am getting one of those heat seeking arrows that will be coming out soon, That way I can shoot it from the comfort of my backyard saving me the hassle of entering the bush....
    Oh, maybe something even easier...Uber eats, why leave the comfort of my home
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Cool.... I think I am getting one of those heat seeking arrows that will be coming out soon, That way I can shoot it from the comfort of my backyard saving me the hassle of entering the bush....
    Oh, maybe something even easier...Uber eats, why leave the comfort of my home
    I think we're a year or 2 away from the remote trigger feature. That's going to be incorporated into the next version of cellular trailcam apps. When you decide which animal you'd like to shoot, just hit 'add to cart' and the xbow will take care of the rest
    Last edited by LowbanksArcher; January 12th, 2021 at 12:39 PM.
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    I think we're a year or 2 away from the remote trigger feature. That's going to be incorporated into the next version of cellular trailcam apps. When you decide which animal you'd like to shoot, just hit 'add to cart' and the xbow will take care of the rest
    Good one and some will fight tooth to nails stating that is still ethical hunting-if they can make the shot, make it.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

That bow will be upwards of $4000.00cdn!

I'll keep my Scorpyd Deathstslker and buy a new Sako rifle instead! Lol

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Well, it fires a bolt and is over the minimum size requirements, so it will be allowed in the Ontario bow season. It is also a bow and not a gun, so therefore it will not require a PAL.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Well, it fires a bolt and is over the minimum size requirements, so it will be allowed in the Ontario bow season. It is also a bow and not a gun, so therefore it will not require a PAL.
    Crossbows are already mention in the FA. They were included to require a firearms licence to possess. Those sections were just not enacted. It wouldn’t take much, especially this government, to enact those sections...
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Its a slippery slope in terms of technology advancement and what will be legal in bow season and will this move these higher FPS into gun seasons, etc that has me a bit worried..

Realistically though, my zone is a one tag area, if my neighbor shoots a buck on his place with one of these what do I care, my season goes on and I do as I wish hunting the next farm over, so it really doesnt affect me..

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

$ 3,500.00 us , I think not.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Its a slippery slope in terms of technology advancement and what will be legal in bow season and will this move these higher FPS into gun seasons, etc that has me a bit worried..

Realistically though, my zone is a one tag area, if my neighbor shoots a buck on his place with one of these what do I care, my season goes on and I do as I wish hunting the next farm over, so it really doesnt affect me..
    Does not look like a slippery slope to me. We allow high powered scopes on rifles. We allow rifled barrels and optics for shotgun and optics for muzzle loader hunts. It is still an arrow being fired down range, it is still a short range tool, yes longer range than a long bow but if you say no to this then an argument could be made to now allow crossbows, compound bows, sights, etc. Those are all technological advancements that make filling your tag easier. It should be more ethical to use a faster bow, less chance to clip it within the same standard bow range.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast