Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 500fps Xbow

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikedinoro View Post
    I'll admit crossbows aren't really my thing (right now), but I have to say that the level of R+D and pushing technology beyond the norm would definitely have me looking at Ravin if I was to ever be looking. Just the width alone would make it an easy sell.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    I'll admit crossbows aren't really my thing (right now), but I have to say that the level of R+D and pushing technology beyond the norm would definitely have me looking at Ravin if I was to ever be looking. Just the width alone would make it an easy sell.
    And yet, no one would believe me that I got my deer with a cheap RTH Cabelas x-bow at 129$ and I could not be happier....
    I did feel at times the need for faster and greater range bow, but the satisfaction of getting on your hard worked target at close range.....oh man, priceless. I prefer to invest in my skills, not my tools

Don't get me wrong, I love the new features, but there's no way in hell I'd ever send 4K on a bow, not even 1K to be honest
    Last edited by mikedinoro; January 14th, 2021 at 06:32 PM.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

And yet, no one would believe me that I got my deer with a cheap RTH Cabelas x-bow at 129$ and I could not be happier....
    I did feel at times the need for faster and larger range bow, but the satisfaction of getting on your hard worked target at close range.....oh man, priceless
    Don't get me wrong, I love the new features, but there's no way in hell I'd ever send 4K on a bow, not even 1K to be honest
    I shoot a cheap RTH compound and didn't fill my tag (but learned a ton, suffered a bit), I'm not a big believer that spending dollars gives you much advantage. Learning with the tool you have is the key. I didn't even notice the price of that thing 4k is a bit rich for my wallet!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    I shoot a cheap RTH compound and didn't fill my tag (but learned a ton, suffered a bit), I'm not a big believer that spending dollars gives you much advantage. Learning with the tool you have is the key. I didn't even notice the price of that thing 4k is a bit rich for my wallet!
    Amen to that brother !

It took me 3 years to get my 1st deer (dec 31st this year) 15 minutes before last legal shooting time, but each time I was a step closer.....and closer until I finally connected the dots
    I've had great help from this forum, plenty of kind fellow hunters sharing their hard earned knowledge, and the only thing that I never blamed for my "un-success" was by xbow
    I knew the range, speed, noise and I practiced often with the proper broadheads, and now I think I'll stay with this bow until it breaks

Good luck and don't ever stop learning!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

It took me 3 years to get my 1st deer (dec 31st this year) 15 minutes before last legal shooting time,
    Down to the wire. Congrats!!!
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Amen to that brother !

It took me 3 years to get my 1st deer (dec 31st this year) 15 minutes before last legal shooting time, but each time I was a step closer.....and closer until I finally connected the dots
    I've had great help from this forum, plenty of kind fellow hunters sharing their hard earned knowledge, and the only thing that I never blamed for my "un-success" was by xbow
    I knew the range, speed, noise and I practiced often with the proper broadheads, and now I think I'll stay with this bow until it breaks

Good luck and don't ever stop learning!
    awesome man, hats off to you

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    Down to the wire. Congrats!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    awesome man, hats off to you
    Thank you!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Absolutely agree

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

This crossbow will be perfect for the guys using the trail cams that alerts you that there's a deer coming.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fieldtrip View Post
    This crossbow will be perfect for the guys using the trail cams that alerts you that there's a deer coming.
    I don't see anything wrong with a 500 fps crossbow (or a cellular trail camera). Technological advancements are part of hunting, or we'd all still be using rocks and clubs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234