Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 500fps Xbow

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Cool.... I think I am getting one of those heat seeking arrows that will be coming out soon, That way I can shoot it from the comfort of my backyard saving me the hassle of entering the bush....
    Oh, maybe something even easier...Uber eats, why leave the comfort of my home

I was thinking of opening Uber hunts. You get the tags and the spots, I’ll fill the tags while you relax at home. Lol

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I will beat a coffee you will need a PAL for this one since it has hit the magic number and fires a projectile

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Stupid!
    Should not be allowed in the bow season. Bow hunting and our bow hunting seasons are soon going to be ruined by all this crap!
    You wanna, bow hunt? Learn how to hunt and get close.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by overtheir View Post
    I will beat a coffee you will need a PAL for this one since it has hit the magic number and fires a projectile
    It’s still not a firearm ........(here we go again ) !!!!!
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kavanagh View Post
    Stupid!
    Should not be allowed in the bow season. Bow hunting and our bow hunting seasons are soon going to be ruined by all this crap!
    You wanna, bow hunt? Learn how to hunt and get close.
    So no sights and traditional gear only?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

In terms of compactness and speed? Looks like a great crossbow. But 10lbs is ridiculous. Also $4400 Canadian? What a completely ridiculous price, what morons at Ravin came up with that number? Crossbows shouldn't need a crank in the first place but now we have an Electric crank?! I can't imagine that being reliable or quiet at all...
    The competition (scorpyd nemesis) is only 20fps slower and HALF the price... I'm sure it's more reliable too.
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MihajloSimsic View Post
    In terms of compactness and speed? Looks like a great crossbow. But 10lbs is ridiculous. Also $4400 Canadian? What a completely ridiculous price, what morons at Ravin came up with that number? Crossbows shouldn't need a crank in the first place but now we have an Electric crank?! I can't imagine that being reliable or quiet at all...
    The competition (scorpyd nemesis) is only 20fps slower and HALF the price... I'm sure it's more reliable too.
    If you're going to hike in to a stand and sit all day, I don't think the 10 lbs is a big deal.
    @ 500 ft /sec, sound is less of an issue, and once you have the sound of an normal excal, given a deer's hearing - I don't think this will matter.
    $CAD 4400 - well - that's a bit of a deal breaker. But I'd spend 4400 on this before I spent 2200 on the excal double-barrel.

Do they have any trajectory charts for it for example - sighted in @30 mid-range trajectory and drop at 40, 50, 60?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

No learn how to bow hunt.
    There are two types. The first one will ask how far was the shot. The second will ask how close was the shot. The first one is a shooter and the second a hunter.
    You guys are only trying to make the bow season into another rifle season because no one is willing to take the time and effort to learn how to hunt. You sit over your 100 pounds of corn trying to shoot at something 100 yards away. Yeah that takes lots of skill and woodsmanship.
    Eventually it'll ruin the season for others.

And I'm not anti crossbow. I bought my son a Mag 340 for Christmas. We have two other older crossbows as well.
    Last edited by Jeff Kavanagh; January 13th, 2021 at 09:49 AM.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

There are two types. The first one will ask how far was the shot. The second will ask how close was the shot. The first one is a shooter and the second a hunter.
    You guys are only trying to make the bow season into another rifle season because no one is willing to take the time and effort to learn how to hunt. You sit over your 100 pounds of corn trying to shoot at something 100 yards away. Yeah that takes lots of skill and woodsmanship.

And I'm not anti crossbow. I bought my son a Mag 340 for Christmas. We have two other older crossbows as well.
    JEff you are just one big baby that generalizes about crossbow hunters into one blanket statement, you are dividing hunters and are in no way good for the sport - I brought this up in another thread but you continue to carry on and generalize again and again...im glad you hunt with a recurve I one day aspire to be as good as you sir, but in the meantime I will use my lowly 300 FPS excalibur crossbow, scout my tail off, and aim to harvest a mature buck within 20-30 yards on public or heavily pressured private land. Fact is I dont know a single crossbow hunter who sets up covering trails over 20-30 yards (way too much can wrong, branches, deflections, deer moving, etc.

My sincere apologies for using a crossbow I know it leaves you butt-hurt, forgive me, I will do my best to get a compound to appease you I just need $1.2 mil to afford that 1 acre property where I can practise daily to be efficient at using a compound... instead of my current postage sized stamp backyard.

please continue with your snobby generalized aniti-crossbow comments they are doing wonders to grow our hunting numbers.. once we get out numbered by the anti's and all public land is only open for birdwatching and hunting season closed you can hang your hat on your recurve knowing you helped hammer a nail into the anti's agenda..nice work clown

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So you don't want it to be allowed bit the 340fps one is allowed. Just because it shoots flatter or faster means it will be used for longer ranges. In the same situation nothing says that someone shooting a recurve will not take a shot at a deer at 60 yards and wound it, or take a shot with no sights at 15 yards and miss the vitals and stick an arrow in the ham.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast