Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Recommend these Cheap Spoons

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default I Recommend these Cheap Spoons

For anyone looking for cheap spoons to use for a variety of species, I recommend these ones. I usually do not like fishing products from China if they are unbranded, but these spoons are good enough quality that they are a great deal. I can buy a whole pack of them for the price of one spoon of a brand name at Cabela's. I have caught bass on them as well as many nice trout, including the two below. I think they would also work well for ice fishing, but I haven't had luck with them through the ice yet.

Here's the link for anyone interested. Shipping takes a very long time, though.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMYxyzj

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Did you have a minnow on the hook on the ice ?

I could see some of them being used on walleye for sure. I generally just stick with the pimples and Williams through the ice .

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

no thanks will buy made in canada lucky strike or williams, im not that hard up that I need to save a few bucks on spoons and support chinese made products

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    Well, I recommend these spoons, not some sh** made the human rights sh** hole China. Heck the owner of Alibaba was disappeared by the Chinese gov't months ago and hasn't been seen since.

https://shoplenthompson.ca/
    http://www.williams.ca/
    http://www.savantspoon.net/
    http://www.mooselook.ca/
    https://www.canadianwiggler.com/prod...fishing-lures/

So the choice is easy, either quality and helping Canadian businesses or cheap sh** made in a dictatorship.
    I did not mean to imply that I do not prefer to buy Canadian made products. I certainly do. I just was trying to offer what little information I have that people don't already know here, since this forum has helped me a lot the last couple of years. I do apologize if the post was taken to imply that the Canadian brands are not worth it. These are just one of the no name options I found to be worth it. As I said, most of the Chinese options are bad quality.

Again, I was just trying to give back to the forum a little by offering an option to people on a budget, but I do understand how you took the post as going against Canadian brands.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    no thanks will buy made in canada lucky strike or williams, im not that hard up that I need to save a few bucks on spoons and support chinese made products
    I am with you on that, but I was just trying to give the option to people who might be tight for expenses. I buy almost all of my fishing tackle in Canada, but I did try these and gave my honest thoughts on them.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Did you have a minnow on the hook on the ice ?

I could see some of them being used on walleye for sure. I generally just stick with the pimples and Williams through the ice .

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    I did but have a minnow on them, but I will definitely try it. I was not trying to imply that these are better than the brand names, especially the ones made in Canada. I bet those are still better, but these are an option for people on a budget.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG1 View Post
    I did but have a minnow on them, but I will definitely try it. I was not trying to imply that these are better than the brand names, especially the ones made in Canada. I bet those are still better, but these are an option for people on a budget.

Spoons are cheap, $10 for 3 very good ones for ice fishing. https://www.canadianwiggler.com/prod...fishing-lures/

human lives aren't ... unless you are in China, then there over a million Uyghurs alone in reeducation camps, the trafficking of North Korean women where you can according to Yeon-mi Park buy a virgin 13 year old for $200 (that's how mush she was sold for), military bases in the South China sea... every dollar going into China just funds a dictatorship that the gov't has killed over 60,000,000 and according to a friend that was there the tanks going into Tianamin to run over students... well his description just keeps mentioning lots of blood....

...as you can tell, I have an issue with people that don't care about the implications of their spending.
    Last edited by mosquito; January 13th, 2021 at 04:16 PM.
    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    Spoons are cheap, $10 for 3 very good ones for ice fishing. https://www.canadianwiggler.com/prod...fishing-lures/

human lives aren't ... unless you are in China, then there over a million Uyghurs alone in reeducation camps, the trafficking of North Korean women where you can according to Yeon-mi Park buy a virgin 13 year old for $200 (that's how mush she was sold for), military bases in the South China sea... every dollar going into China just funds a dictatorship that the gov't has killed over 60,000,000 and according to a friend that was there the tanks going into Tianamin to run over students... well his description just keeps mentioning lots of blood....

...as you can tell, I have an issue with people that don't care about the implications of their spending.
    What you have said makes sense, and it will make me think about where I buy from tackle from. There is definitely a disconnect between what we buy and what the implications of that are. Many of us are guilty of that, obviously myself included.

Maybe a better approach to the post would have been to ask where people have found more ethical spoons at a good price, as things like this do add up.

Obviously, I did not intend for the post to go this way, but I appreciate you taking about the implications of what we buy. I know your replies to my other posts have helped me in the past, and I hope this is not taken the wrong way.

Adam

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

As has been mentioned in the past, some people on this forum can be a little aggressive interjecting their personal feelings ,agendas and political thoughts onto others even when not asked and in forums that are not supposed to be political.
    I buy Canadian whenever possible, and have spent $1000s over the years on tackle. I also have purchased the odd offshore lures as well as a few cheap spinning reels that work fine for me and will not be dictated to by paste and copy cowboys with tunnel vision. Just my opinion of course, but this is the fishing forum not the political forum.
    John

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No need to apologize. China gouges the workers while Canadian manufacturers gouge the buyer.
    I buy lure blanks and have yet to find anything made in Canada that meets the requirements I have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast