Thread: Hoyt 2021 Lineup

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Hoyt 2021 Lineup

Hoyt released its 2021 lineup today with a new Ventum 30/33 and Carbon RX-5/Carbon RX-5 Ultra. Apparently there are some game-changing technology advancements, like a complete new cam system, an in-line sight mount (along with the ability for the standard side mount) and a short stabilizer at a lower position on the riser. MSRP at $1,699 USD.

Personally, something about these just don't sit well with me aesthetically (might be because of the short default stabilizer) but I'm sure on the specs side they probably are up there with the best bows out in the market.

Thoughts???

https://hoyt.com/

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

wow these new bows are wicked fast..think they'll even be allowed in regular bow season? these almost need to be in a firearms season..will they require a pal?
    I work at Basspro and got guys coming in all day long saying they can shoot these out to 100 yards these days over and these guys hunt over bait piles so theyre not even real hunters and are ruining my sport how dare they!!
    ** sorry for the sarcasm im just stirring it up...those are the comments posted about the new crossbows coming out thought Id have some fun here **

In all honestly the new hoyt /matthews / prime bows all look phenomenal

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    wow these new bows are wicked fast..think they'll even be allowed in regular bow season?
    Pssssh... My 2011 Elite Pulse is faster than these (343ibo). But I'm sure these are a little smoother to draw then the ole girl. Haha.

JP, I get what you mean about the looks of the bow. There's something about that moon shaped riser that's not an appealing look. Something you'd see on 15 year old Hoyts.
    Honestly, I haven't really paid that much attention to compounds in recent years. The specs haven't changed much over the years.
    It's interesting to see them go to a binary type cam system. I watched the Lancaster Archery review and it sounds like they perform well.
    The front mounted sight is a clever idea. Hopefully there's still adjustment on how far it sits from the riser tho.
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    Pssssh... My 2011 Elite Pulse is faster than these (343ibo). But I'm sure these are a little smoother to draw then the ole girl. Haha.

JP, I get what you mean about the looks of the bow. There's something about that moon shaped riser that's not an appealing look. Something you'd see on 15 year old Hoyts.
    Honestly, I haven't really paid that much attention to compounds in recent years. The specs haven't changed much over the years.
    It's interesting to see them go to a binary type cam system. I watched the Lancaster Archery review and it sounds like they perform well.
    The front mounted sight is a clever idea. Hopefully there's still adjustment on how far it sits from the riser tho.
    Great point about the front mounted sight. Apparently there are some brands that are coming out with sights specific for these Hoyts so maybe they'll have some kind of adjustable component built right into the sight to make it sit further or closer to the bow...not sure how that would work but I guess time will tell!