Thread: Electronic ear muffs

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Electronic ear muffs

I use electronic muffs (2 mic) for clays, but does anybody have any experience with omni-directional (4 mic?) electronic muffs for upland or other hunting? Do they provide an adequate sense of sound (flush) direction? Any make/model recommendations?
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I have been using them for 15 years because of hearing loss - they tell me I have 70% loss.
    I love the 4 mic muffs for hunting, especially for turkey, because I can pinpoint their exact direction from me and get a good idea of their distance from me when gobbling. I have had mornings with 4-5 gobblers calling from different directions, and I can pretty well pinpoint each of their roost trees from where I’m sitting with the muffs.
    On a calm dry morning, squirrels sound like big game running thru the leaves.
    I have a few pair of the Walker Game Ear muffs, and they work well for me.
    Last edited by genec; December 27th, 2021 at 03:29 PM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Thanks Gene, I ended up ordering the Walker Razor Quad (4 mics) for my son. Might have to get a set myself, and get tested. My son teases me about the turkeys and bird flushes that he hears and I don't
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-