Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upland gloves

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

CTC sells Manzella insulated gloves. I wear them for ice jigging, they are very warm. I was thinking of using them for hunting also.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sidelock View Post
    Duramax Pro, from your local dollar store. They come in a variety of colors including red and only cost $4.00. I use them for everything from dog training to hunting and all other chores.
    I use these quite often too.

Treat them like a condom, double up for extra warmth and turn them inside out when too dirty.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    I use these quite often too.

Treat them like a condom, double up for extra warmth and turn them inside out when too dirty.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    The Duramax I was referring to have a synthetic leather palm and can't be turned inside out.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I bought Orvis upland gloves many years ago at half price sale.
    Today they go for USD79. Assuming they're the same quality as mine, I'd probably buy them again, even being the tight wad I am.
    They're very thin, yet protective, perfect for warm days if you need protection from wild rose and such, I use them all woodcock season too.
    They look old and beat up, when they get wet I put wife's hand cream on them once they're dry (don't tell her). If I ever lose them, I'll cry.
    https://www.orvis.com/uplander-shoot...oves/2Y8N.html
    "The dog is Small Munsterlander, the gun is Beretta."
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" A. Saint-Exupery.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vom Dufenshmirtz View Post
    I bought Orvis upland gloves many years ago at half price sale.
    Today they go for USD79. Assuming they're the same quality as mine, I'd probably buy them again, even being the tight wad I am.
    They're very thin, yet protective, perfect for warm days if you need protection from wild rose and such, I use them all woodcock season too.
    They look old and beat up, when they get wet I put wife's hand cream on them once they're dry (don't tell her). If I ever lose them, I'll cry.
    https://www.orvis.com/uplander-shoot...oves/2Y8N.html
    It can be a leap of faith to assume they are of the same quality as before. According to one review on the Orvis website link you posted they are not the gloves they used to be.

These gloves are just OK. They don't hold a candle though to the previous deerskin version sold by Orvis for years. What a disappointment to see those discontinued. This new sheepskin version is thicker and does not provide the same wonderful grip that the old ones did (which is what loved I most). I would've paid twice the price to get another pair of those!
    I understand the disappointment. Years ago I bought upland gloves from Filson that were amazing. Fit like a second skin, beautifully made and provided a rock solid grip. When I ordered a second pair years later they were nothing like the previous ones. Poor quality, thick and uncomfortable for a shockingly high price. It turns out Filson had switched from an American-made upland glove to one produced in China. Back they went for a refund.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

home depot has a huge selection of gloves, not sure if its 100% what youre looking for but they have a huge selection.

https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=glove#!q=glove

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

If it's well-fitted, supple leather but not heavy duty you seek, try leather driving gloves. I don't like a glove on my trigger hand at all - not even ones with the finger tips cut off. It's just me. In colder weather, I wear a thick warm glove on my "off-(gun carrying)hand" and put the other hand in my pocket lined with hand warmers. The only issue I have is that I end up with a pile of the single-handed gloves! Where the heck do they go!?!?!

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ugo View Post
    The only issue I have is that I end up with a pile of the single-handed gloves! Where the heck do they go!?!?!
    Got a chuckle reading this as I seem to constantly be picking up single handed gloves in the field. Mostly lefts which is good as like you tend to keep the right trigger hand free.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I ended up settling on the Mechanix Fast Fit. They are not as good at turning back thorns as cow hide gloves, but they are slim enough for double triggers.
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12