Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Foul mouth

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    How about the term "douche bags" followed by a political party name, which was recently posted?
    N-a-a-h-h,that's just trash talk. LOL
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    I am wondering how long will it take for ODD to actually step in and deal with rampant foul mouthing on some,especially Off Topic-Political forum.
    I have no problem seeing it for myself-but what about the integrity of the Forum?

I respect everyone's right for their opinion ,and this complaint is not about that.

While many of the members resorat "bit"here and there to "get out of a line".

Yet,there are few members here making art and habit from it.

I do not know how officially report a case-tried...but gave up.
    So please take this as reporting.

Not that hard to see who-when and what.
    Wondering if talks full of foul mouthing go along with the "values"of this Forum.
    Have a nice day
    gbk,

The Forum is your online community. If you see a post that directly violates the Forum's guidelines and if you don't report it, you're only doing yourself and the community a disservice.

Here are the Forum's guidelines: https://www.oodmag.com/community/sho...-Rules-Conduct

Many hands make light work, after all. We can't resolve it if we don't see it. In future, you can report a post by clicking on the wee flag on the bottom left of a post box, underneath the poster's name. Thank you.

MeghanOOD.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Thank You to all for the feedback:

Here is the deal-i am old enough and went thru enough in my life that i do not get personally offended by swearing.
    While being rude is a norm for a few here, and it is quite "distasteful" if You are asking me(for a lack of better words)i am perfectly fine with that too.
    Trash talk (if i understand the term correctly) can be borderline entertainment ,as far i am concerned.

Hovewer, for a life of me i can not understand why swearing is allowed and tolerated.

I also do not understand -sorry Meghan, why a member has to report swearing? Especially if it is rampant.
    I have no idea what a moderator's job is ,and i am not challenging anyone-but somehow i always thought, moderators are the keepers of the rules.
    Fairly-unbiased and without taking sides. Perhaps without being prompted .Swear words do not belong to the Forum ,and should be easy to pick.But i could be wrong.
    Appreciate pointing out how to report though.

I still believe-as someone mentioned above-these kind of posts should be deleted automatically.
    Last edited by gbk; January 19th, 2021 at 06:24 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I'm guessing some of the adults on here cannot handle a few names?
    Wow
    GW I have known you for a lot of years now and have to ask you ,would you approve of some of the language used on here and would you let your own children either use it or be exposed to it.

Being in the privacy of a hunt camp is a whole lot different from being on a public forum where thousands of people can read these posts.

Even in the off topic section what we say is a representation of hunters and fisher folks in Ontario.

How do you want us to be viewed from the outside.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Put the "Positive Spin" new Sheriff on it. He'll clean up this town...��

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Trash talk (if i understand the term correctly) can be borderline entertainment ,as far i am concerned.....

Hovewer, for a life of me i can not understand why swearing is allowed and tolerated.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head...a lot of what is considered as Trash talk (Cidoit, Snowflakes. Trolls ) are perfectly fine (NOT swearing) for most people, only objected to by those that fit the bill by definition . There not offensive and accepted common lexicon on Social Media.

And there are NOT name calling....if you are what it defines, it is what you are. ie ..you protect the public you're a Cop, you heal the sick you'r a Dr. you troll the forum you're a Troll....

As far as swearing... I don't see much on the Forum, George gave us the list many years ago and in fact the forum s/w has them automatically blocked...it's all about the context HaHa.

Warning 18+ rating for Swearing: wondering what the 7 swears words are, George lays them out for you.

If your interested go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMyDvqnwIm4
    Last edited by MikePal; January 20th, 2021 at 11:53 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Have to Disagree. These are not swear words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Can we start with the words "citiots" and "snowflakes".

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You say that while my son is looking over my shoulder and laughing. Yes I would. My kid's have all been at camps I don't hide anything from my kid's. They have heard all the language and each know how to handle themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    GW I have known you for a lot of years now and have to ask you ,would you approve of some of the language used on here and would you let your own children either use it or be exposed to it.

Being in the privacy of a hunt camp is a whole lot different from being on a public forum where thousands of people can read these posts.

Even in the off topic section what we say is a representation of hunters and fisher folks in Ontario.

How do you want us to be viewed from the outside.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

In the end, ya gotta find a happy medium between a Brownies campfire sing-a-long and the midnight hunt camp fire sing-a-long. It's the difference between hot chocolate with marshmallows and cheap whisky with a bitta coke in it for color. No 1 likes both of them together as far as I know and are gonna have some strong opinions on which one they want in their mitt, but they can still sit around the fire with their bevvy of choice and shoot the breeze.
    John

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    You say that while my son is looking over my shoulder and laughing. Yes I would. My kid's have all been at camps I don't hide anything from my kid's. They have heard all the language and each know how to handle themselves.
    We are the same . Our music has bad words streamed not the radio that sensors it out. What is a bad word ? Why is it a bad word ? It is because it is offensive surely a word can't offend anyone can it lol.

A bad word is only offensive when used towards a person that word can be anything not something that we decided is a bad word . Why is it bad they all have a meaning behind it and should not be taken offensive unless the term in used towards others.

They are just words

Just look at ford yesterday for saying Ying yang. He would stick a firecracker so far up his Ying yang he wouldn't know what hit em.

Now another political leader tweeted that ford wants to sexually assault the owner of phyzer lol.

Going to be some explaining to do today lol.

Like honestly its a only a word.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast