Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Foul mouth

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    ......but the labels are so fitting sometimes. My grandfather once said to me, "want to stop being called a snowflake........well stop acting like a snowflake"
    I heard the earlier version: if you don't want to called an idiot..don't be an idiot...
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    No, that's not what she said. She said not to leave the house with dirty underwear in case you get in an accident.
    Yes she did! ROFLMBO
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Yes she did! ROFLMBO
    Yep I got that one as well when I was a kid........never did understand that one.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I’m not easily offended by ‘cussing in person but am ‘put off’ by it more in online forums, social media, or gaming where there are many readers old/young. When debating a person it is easy for a swear word to pop up but when writing you have taken the time to put words on a page where you can see them and even reread them before posting. It seems a little more rude, inconsiderate, & unprofessional.
    Oddly I see much more cursing via FB with the perpetrators being ‘soccer moms’ (hope that doesn’t offend).
    Actually read several articles on the positives of cursing - again I’d temper that with there being a difference between verbal vs written.
    And timely enough here’s a CNN report. Apologies to anyone considering CNN a swear word.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/26/healt...ess/index.html

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345