Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excalibur crossbow cloth case

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Excalibur crossbow cloth case

Hey everyone,

I have been looking at various options of carrying the xbow (Matrix BUC 340) outside of legal light attached to either backpack or JX3 saddle.
    All standard soft padded cases are way too bulky, there does not appear to be many options for well-fitting cloth cases.

I ended up settling at a basic green mesh decoy bag last season. Place the xbow inside, tighten the opening, hence it "covered" on all 6 sides; however thinking back about it - mesh has bunch of tiny holes in it, started doubting legality of it..

Is this setup even legal?

What cases or diy hacks do you guys use?

Thank you for all recommendations in advance.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have a micro but still use this original case that my phoenix used to be cased it in.... I love this case, the micro fits in it easy and it being big I use it to sit on when I do my hunts.... (those straps that come with it get used all the time-bow in or out, the case is always on my back I put a little clip joining the straps together around my chest, makes for easy travel)

"Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I've had the same problem carrying my compound bow, I mostly use a contractor garbage bag tied with a zip tie but it's noisy, toward the end of the season I found an old pillow case that was big enough and I threaded a piece of paracord through the hem on the opening as a draw string. I safety pinned an old jacket hood on the bottom of my backpack to protect the limbs and hold the weight while it's strapped on.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    I have a micro but still use this original case that my phoenix used to be cased it in.... I love this case, the micro fits in it easy and it being big I use it to sit on when I do my hunts.... (those straps that come with it get used all the time-bow in or out, the case is always on my back I put a little clip joining the straps together around my chest, makes for easy travel)

That looks like exactly perfect case for me.
    What are the dimensions for this case?

I just searched it up, I think it's called excalibur unlined case, but dimensions listed at Canadian tire seem to be quite small 11x8x3

Is your case about this size too?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newbiehunter View Post
    That looks like exactly perfect case for me.
    What are the dimensions for this case?

I just searched it up, I think it's called excalibur unlined case, but dimensions listed at Canadian tire seem to be quite small 11x8x3

Is your case about this size too?
    Mine is about 2.5ft wide at the shoulders and about 3ft long...... I would give them a call and ask them to give you the measurements as those listed measurements seem way off.....
    Last edited by fratri; January 20th, 2021 at 11:07 PM.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I have 2 crossbows ..an 30 yr old PSE and a PSE Fang.
    My wife sews, so I bought camo cloth and had her sew me a T-shaped soft cloth case with a drawstring similar to Fratri’s design for each crossbow. These cases work, and meet the enclosed definition, as they are basically gun socks for crossbows. My old case is 30 yrs old, and still works fine today.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hey newbiehunter, pull up Google.ca and type in Fred's camo Blackstock. Fred is a small at home sewing shop that makes all kinds of Hunting products from soft gun socks, crossbow cases, decoy bags and cleaning mitts. I have several products from Fred and most of the guys I hunt with do as well. He does not have a website, but if you want pictures of his products, send me your number or email and I can send some.

I used his soft crossbow case this year in Northern Ontario moose hunting and it was great for the long walk into my stand. I have the backpack straps on mine and would not get one without the staps, a very handy case. I also recommend the zipper over the velcro closure.

You can find his products in a lot of the outdoor stores around the area and he attends guns shows and trapper meets as well. Very small scale business building excellent quality gear. I am not affiliated with him, but 100% support his products.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

The mesh decoy bag you use is legal, if it works for you, keep using it

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

When I bought my exocet way back in 2004 or so, they sold a padded crossbow case with shoulder straps that folded up and clipped together forming a cushion to sit on in a treestand. Once legal light ended you undid the pillow/case and zipped the crossbow into the case for the walk out. I still use this case but damned if I can find one. My son has the unlined case and it didn't last 3 years plus it was made of nylon so extremely noisy walking through the bush after dark.

Anybody know what I'm referring too?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thank you for all tips

Although mesh bag kinda works , the only problem with it , it does not protect against the snow.
    I would always have to clean out snow from the rail and scope, after some bushwacking , hence some solid cloth material would be preferable.
    I will definitely look into suggested cases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast