Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a new decent flashlight

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    I use a headlamp. Got it on sale on Amazon 2 years ago, this thing literally will light up a field if you want it to. Or you can bring it down to a narrow beam or a wide beam. Or use all 5 lights if you want to lol. Makes the walk to the stand a little less paranoid for me LOLAttachment 41541

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    I had one very much the same design, it almost went on fire in my overall pocket, shorted out completely, the wiring inside is very flimsy I would be very wary of these units. I did send an incident report to Health Canada on these.

Thank you for providing an Incident Report Form on 2020-09-28, concerning Topertome camping headlights.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    I had one very much the same design, it almost went on fire in my overall pocket, shorted out completely, the wiring inside is very flimsy I would be very wary of these units. I did send an incident report to Health Canada on these.

Thank you for providing an Incident Report Form on 2020-09-28, concerning Topertome camping headlights.
    good to know LOL!

i take the batteries out when im not using them, thanks for the advice!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    good to know LOL!

i take the batteries out when im not using them, thanks for the advice!
    Yeh, I never took the batteries out, I recharged them on the solar panel and let them fully charge as I would use then after fishing walking back to my place. They are great light for illumination, but when I took them apart after the failure I saw how poor the quality of the wiring was. I think these could cause a fire if they accidently overcharged. When your on Amazon look on the right under BUY NOW and you will see a suppliers name. Mostly all the same Chinese's company using a different name.
    They have no problem bribing you with a freebie if you give them a 5 star rating. LOL

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD78 View Post
    The only issue I see with that linked flashlight is its a double 18650 light. That would be rather long and not fit in a pocket very well. Something with one 18650 is ideal imo for a useful light (the one I carry everyday is that size as are most "every day carry" EDC lights. Very easy to find a holster for or carry in a pocket. Something like this linked one is the size I would prefer and though the lumens are bit less it is a very bright and useful light. Plus this is a very popular proven light with all items included. https://www.amazon.ca/Flashlight-Poc...2&sr=8-32&th=1The linke offering is very cheap for 2 lights and 4 batteries, you may want to pay a little more if it's something that is going to be your main light.

I find I like to have a few different lights in different sizes really small (14500 battery) to EDC's (18650 battery) and then a few bigger powerful ones (multi 18650 or 26650). I keep them stashed in different areas (truck, night stand, front hall) and when it's deer season I pack a headlight and a powerful search light. Most chargers will handle a variety of battery sizes and are very reasonable in price as are batteries now a days. It makes it easy to swap batteries around to specific lights or simply buy a few extra if you find a good deal.

Good luck with whatever you pick.
    It’s only 5-1/2” long......

I dunno....as someone else said earlier I like things that take AA batteries...rechargables always seem to be the first component to fail, and what do you do after that ?
    Last edited by 73hunter; March 18th, 2021 at 02:36 PM.
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    One thing I have many of is flashlights. It's an item you really miss when you need it and don't have it. I've tried numerous different models and find this another case of "you get what you pay for". Personally if I'm in a situation where I need a light that I know will not fail I go for my Fenix. Check them out, you won't get one for $40 but they are tough. Fished mine out of 15 feet of water the day after I dropped it,.

The problem I find with most value lights is that they are great for the first two minutes before light output begins to wane.

The only issue I have with my Fenix light is that they generally don't take normal batteries. Rechargeable systems are most common and I'm horrible for losing cords and such and I can't swap batteries on the go should I run out of juice.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    +1 on he Fenix. My PD35 has been through a lot. Still works flawlessly. You get what you pay for with flashlights.
    The best part about being a "conspiracy theorist" is not having myocarditis.

Roses are red, violets are blue, taxation is theft, inflation is too.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Can I still buy it now? Now I am doing repairs in my house, and I need to find good lighting in the house, since for me lighting directly depends on the mood and vice versa. I have already found an option from your post and https://www.vont.com/product/smart-s...-strip-lights/, but I can't choose one yet. I think that if I don't find anything better, I will order both of these options at once and see live what suits me more.
    Last edited by rodolphemyint7; March 31st, 2022 at 05:03 AM.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Coast flashlights are also great. Readily available at CDN Tire & Home Depot. Lifetime warranty. Waterproof, very bright, and usually have 2-3 different modes as well as massive flood vs targeted spotlight option.

The polysteel series has a polymer roll cage that is drop proof and able to be driven over.

https://coastportland.com/collections/led-flashlights
    The best part about being a "conspiracy theorist" is not having myocarditis.

Roses are red, violets are blue, taxation is theft, inflation is too.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I’ve had great luck with the small Eliminator rechargeable spotlights CTC usually has on sale for $10.00 or so. They are waterproof, so one is in the boat. They are small enough to put in my hunting coat pocket.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I lost my Maglite 2 D Cell and was about to replace it, found one on Amazon for 40 bucks LED.

It's 213 Leumens and can project a beam 464 meters.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

But I started wondering if there is something better for the same price. Anyone know of a better LED flashlight for the same price something that projects even further and wider or is Maglite the way to go.
    Check these out. They come in a 2pk. I bought them a few years ago and they haven't failed,yet. Be careful not to shine them in your eyes. You'll see blue dots for 20 minutes.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...?rrec=true#spc
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast