Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow recommendations

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Exclamation Crossbow recommendations

Now that the neighbors have gotten rid of their 24 hour a day barking it's fool head off dog, the deer are back and I'd love take a couple. The problem is there's no way I can shoot one because I'm in the city limits and there isn't enough distance between the deer and houses. I thought about bow hunting but the last time I used one, all I could manage was ruthlessly murdering the ground and not hit the target.

So that leaves a crossbow. I've looked at them and I'm clueless about modern models. I've seen compound and single string and don't know what to look at or for. That's where you all come in.

Help?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Check out Excalibur they will have a model that will fit your needs
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson_Everett View Post
    Now that the neighbors have gotten rid of their 24 hour a day barking it's fool head off dog, the deer are back and I'd love take a couple. The problem is there's no way I can shoot one because I'm in the city limits and there isn't enough distance between the deer and houses. I thought about bow hunting but the last time I used one, all I could manage was ruthlessly murdering the ground and not hit the target.

So that leaves a crossbow. I've looked at them and I'm clueless about modern models. I've seen compound and single string and don't know what to look at or for. That's where you all come in.

Help?
    City limits ???? Are you sure you can even use a bow there ? Most firearms discharge bylaws include bows.....best check that out first .
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson_Everett View Post

Help?
    So you're looking for a crossbow to shoot a deer within city limits in your backyard because the neighbours finally did something about their barking dog? And you'd like to shoot a couple of them?
    Okay then. We're doomed.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

He is from Buffalo. Different breed down there.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You can crossbow hunt within the town limits of Quispamsis NB, so this is not out of the ordinary. In Quispamsis the deer have become a complete nuisance you can easily find them in groups of 10 or more. During the day they cross at the lights for some reason they have not figured that out at night. I think you have to have access to a property greater then 2 ac but I cannot remember.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    You can crossbow hunt within the town limits of Quispamsis NB, so this is not out of the ordinary. In Quispamsis the deer have become a complete nuisance you can easily find them in groups of 10 or more. During the day they cross at the lights for some reason they have not figured that out at night. I think you have to have access to a property greater then 2 ac but I cannot remember.
    AND...this is relevant how ???
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Great response Rick!
    Other than the fact that one of my daughters lives in Quispamsis, it was a totally useless irrelevant post.
    Greyson, as Rick posted earlier, check your local bylaws FIRST to see IF you can use anything in your locale.
    Last edited by genec; January 28th, 2021 at 11:41 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The poster OP said he wanted to hunt within his town and some of you said he can't do it, I was pointing out it is done in some towns so to say it is not done where he is could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    Great response Rick!
    Other than the fact that one of my daughters lives in Quispamsis, it was a totally useless irrelevant post.
    Greyson, as Rick posted earlier, check your local bylaws FIRST to see IF you can use anything in your locale.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    AND...this is relevant how ???

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So because Rick said it cannot be done is fine????

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast