Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow recommendations

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    City limits ???? Are you sure you can even use a bow there ? Most firearms discharge bylaws include bows.....best check that out first .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kavanagh View Post
    So you're looking for a crossbow to shoot a deer within city limits in your backyard because the neighbours finally did something about their barking dog? And you'd like to shoot a couple of them?
    Okay then. We're doomed.
    He is in Buffalo New York, many places in the states have urban deer hunting in and around subdivisions to reduce the population.

Glad you two are so critical of others trying to learn about bow hunting in a legal way in their own areas.

Did you know that bow hunting is allowed within the city limits of Ottawa? Ottawa is a massive city, they have different discharge laws for different areas. They used to have hunters come in to cull deer in an area that is federal government land bounded by subdivisions on all 4 sides.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    He is in Buffalo New York, many places in the states have urban deer hunting in and around subdivisions to reduce the population.

Glad you two are so critical of others trying to learn about bow hunting in a legal way in their own areas.

Did you know that bow hunting is allowed within the city limits of Ottawa? Ottawa is a massive city, they have different discharge laws for different areas. They used to have hunters come in to cull deer in an area that is federal government land bounded by subdivisions on all 4 sides.
    Where was my post critical? I advised him to check the discharge laws......
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    So because Rick said it cannot be done is fine????
    Where did I say it couldn’t be done ????
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    The poster OP said he wanted to hunt within his town and some of you said he can't do it, I was pointing out it is done in some towns so to say it is not done where he is could be wrong.
    Nobody has said he can’t do it !!
    -Winston Churchill

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

To the OP:
    It would be a very good idea to first be aware of the specific regulations and limitations that apply on crossbow hunting in NY.
    A local bow shop could give you some savvy advise on this matter, and guide ya in the right direction...
    “Think safety first and then have a good hunt.”
    - Tom Knapp -

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Deer season is over but this one will be out in July. Plenty of time to practice before Oct 01st...

https://shop.killercrossbows.com/swat-x1/

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Amazing how far Cross Bow technology has come.....
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Watch some you Tube Videos, in the US some county's let urban deer hunting with a bow only. Ive watched videos of guys hunting outside a dentist office after is closes with a busy road near by.

And to the OP i would recommend a Excalibur.
    Last edited by TurkeyObsessed; January 28th, 2021 at 06:39 PM.
    "No one's interested in something you didn't do"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyObsessed View Post
    Watch some you Tube Videos, in the US some county's let urban deer hunting with a bow only. Ive watched videos of guys hunting outside a dentist office after is closes with a busy road near by.

And to the OP i would recommend a Excalibur.
    Exactly, it is very normal down south to hunt within range of houses.

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/wh...-an-urban-buck

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/wh...strange-places

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Jeff did and my post was relevant pointing out that many cities allow bow hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Nobody has said he can’t do it !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast