Thread: Has anyone seen cougars in Ontario?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Default Has anyone seen cougars in Ontario?

Here's a recent news story from Gord Ellis:
    https://oodmag.com/trail-cams-record...-area-cougars/

Who else believes they've caught a glimpse of these large cats?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Not myself but multiple friends have, farmers and hunters so I trust that they are not seeing a barn cat.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeghanOOD View Post
    Here's a recent news story from Gord Ellis:
    https://oodmag.com/trail-cams-record...-area-cougars/

Who else believes they've caught a glimpse of these large cats?
    I did and several other members of my camp, the Bancroft area is one of the places where there have been many historical sightings.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I sure know I've seen them, especially when I was in my 20's. Had a 18 year old buddy of mine that was preyed upon by a 42 year old cougar that attacked him in an Oshawa Kelsey's bar back in 82. Took him home and apparently did unspeakable things to him. He was absent from grade 12 classes for two days (couldn't get a sick note from his Ma) and couldn't seem to walk right after. He never spoke of what happened. Not even to this day.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    I sure know I've seen them, especially when I was in my 20's. Had a 18 year old buddy of mine that was preyed upon by a 42 year old cougar that attacked him in an Oshawa Kelsey's bar back in 82. Took him home and apparently did unspeakable things to him. He was absent from grade 12 classes for two days (couldn't get a sick note from his Ma) and couldn't seem to walk right after. He never spoke of what happened. Not even to this day.
    Lola......L....O.....L....A........
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Leads by example

User Info Menu

My Grandfather spoke of seeing one just East of Burnt River when I was young, and an Uncle of mine was a CO, and assured me they were here years ago....
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    lol I call shenanigans on this recollection - wasn't the Kelsey's a Casey's back then?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeghanOOD View Post
    lol I call shenanigans on this recollection - wasn't the Kelsey's a Casey's back then?
    Haven't seen any since they closed The Corral in south Oshawa.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Oh my god you're right! The great cat's den was the Casey's at the Oshawa shopping center. Wait a minute! Meghan, how old were you in 1982? My poor friend never set foot in the place again. He got drunk once at the hunt camp and he admitted to one of the old boys that he got "tore up real bad"...........nasty!