Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lab puppy shortage

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Lab puppy shortage

I lost my sweet English Lab girl on Sunday Jan 31st to cancer. She was only 7 and it's been devastating to me
    and the entire family. The grieving process is far from over and she will never be forgotten as long as I live.

Now I am looking for a new companion. Not to replace her but I will want another one to fill the empty feeling in my heart.

Been searching the local Ontario breeders and I am getting the feeling there is a lab puppy shortage.

If any one has any info for a good quality breeder that may have a litter this year I would appreciate the help.

I am willing to wait for a good dog but was hoping we can find one to bring in to our home this year.

Last edited by bellerivercrossbowhunter; February 3rd, 2021 at 07:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I lost my Oakley, our 13 year old Golden Retriever in August. Wanted to wait awhile before getting another. Now the wait list for Goldens at reputable breeders, is summer 22. I paid 500 $ 13 years ago. Now the price is 3000.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

We bought our last girl in Michigan. Now the border is closed so thats no longer an option. Had no idea it would be this hard to find another puppy..

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Try Ruth at Jerryru kennels.
    A few people here have labs from her. I have a 7 year old fox red from her and know plenty off friends that got dogs from her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    I lost my sweet English Lab girl on Sunday Jan 31st to cancer. She was only 7 and it's been devastating to me
    and the entire family. The grieving process is far from over and she will never be forgotten as long as I live.

Now I am looking for a new companion. Not to replace her but I will want another one to fill the empty feeling in my heart.

Been searching the local Ontario breeders and I am getting the feeling there is a lab puppy shortage.

If any one has any info for a good quality breeder that may have a litter this year I would appreciate the help.

I am willing to wait for a good dog but was hoping we can find one to bring in to our home this year.
    Pretty sure Burly Girl on the forum might have some advice.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

We bought our last girl in Michigan. Now the border is closed so thats no longer an option. Had no idea it would be this hard to find another puppy..
    My chocolate came from Cooperslane Kennels. I waited close to 18 months on the list. You might check them out.
    Edit: I checked their site. It says it won’t be until fall 2021, before pups are available....if you get on the list now.
    Last edited by rick_iles; February 3rd, 2021 at 01:45 PM.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I know how you feel . My 7 year old JRT has cancer and it's day to day.
    Have a look at this thread in this Sporting Dogs section.

"Looking for good lab breeder"
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Thankyou.

I am on the waiting list with as many local breeders that are taking names. Earliest would be this summer.
    Good things come to those that wait.

I'm still taking the death of my best friend really hard. I know with time it will get easier...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I can't help you with a breeder but want to give you my condolences on the loss...sorry
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Yes sorry for your loss, always tough. Good luck finding a new pup, exciting times ahead.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast