Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Will you sell your banned guns to the Government or keep them?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Will you sell your banned guns to the Government or keep them?

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    The owners of prohibited guns now have an additional choice: Deactivation. The government is seeking to expand the number of gunsmiths qualified to perform deactivations.

https://cssa-cila.org/why-the-libera...-deactivators/
    So currently there are 100 approved deactivation gunsmiths in Canada.
    Wonder how your suppose to transport your guns to one of them to get deactivated. Hmm

Oh I know how hire a criminal to transport it for you wow that’s too simple

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Any bets Compliance will be low for guns that were once non restricted?

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Any bets Compliance will be low for guns that were once non restricted?
    If I were to place a wager I would bet at the most only 20 to 25% of the non restricted guns get turned in if the government is even that lucky.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigboy 304 View Post
    If I were to place a wager I would bet at the most only 20 to 25% of the non restricted guns get turned in if the government is even that lucky.
    Government doesn't care whether you turn them in or not. Actually, they may prefer that you don't because it will be less expensive for them. Government has all time in the world and will get them eventually.

Those who wish to legally keep their guns will have to deactivate them or enhance their licensing and security to own a gun they can't use or sell. Those who keep the guns illegally and get caught with them face criminal charges, fines, possible incarceration, loss of their license, seizure of all other guns and can expect limited future options for employment, travel and volunteer activities.

Or they can take the government's money and buy something they can use.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Just have to keep em' a secret long enough to get these current clowns out....
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Want to bet that by June 2022 less then 25% have been deactivated or turned in? The government does not know who owns them unless they use illegal gun registry information and even then...

I highly doubt people will. Almost everyone I have known never registered their guns to begin with.

Government doesn't care whether you turn them in or not. Actually, they may prefer that you don't because it will be less expensive for them. Government has all time in the world and will get them eventually.

Those who wish to legally keep their guns will have to deactivate them or enhance their licensing and security to own a gun they can't use or sell. Those who keep the guns illegally and get caught with them face criminal charges, fines, possible incarceration, loss of their license, seizure of all other guns and can expect limited future options for employment, travel and volunteer activities.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

There will be another amnesty and at the same time a reign of crackdowns on the "illegal firearm owners" with nightly coverage by CBC etc of course.

Stores are supposed to keep track of buyers, there are import records and with C-71 in place they now have when a firearm is sold (not what ... yet) and who sold and bought something, (I agree likely later to add the firearm info to recreate a tracking system or other name for registry) if you say you sold it and there is no record then you are in sh**. So at that point if they want to make an example of a few people, go to the store that on record imported it, sold it and find the buyer, then it is just a matter of if the buyer sold it (a transaction record) on to the next person on the computer, if no record of "Joe" selling a firearm he sold it illegally or has an illegal firearm and both end in "Joe will be charged and go to jail", for much longer than a robber or repeat offender.

About the 8 minute mark they talk about those firearms are now worthless, so those owners turning them should strip off every piece and part they can reuse, someone else can use or put on ebay or just think there may be any use for and sell to someone in the US or other and turn in the essential parts only (butts, triggers, screws... everything). Now that they are "worthless" according to the gov't you can pretty much guarantee the price will stink!
    Last edited by mosquito; March 19th, 2021 at 12:45 AM.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

So if truedope decided tomorrow that 4x4 pickups should be banned for the environments sake would you go along with that even though you maybe have 5 cords of wood to bring home to heat your house maybe,we should all drive a Toyota Pruis even though you may have a stock trailer to pull to get your beef to the sales barn. We all have different needs and wants and legal firearms owners have been vetted so instead of cherry picking why not actually deal with the real problem and give the police some teeth and deal with the low life pos that commit these heinous crimes. Oh I'm sorry that is not the liberal way that may require some work and heaven forbid a liberal do any actual work . Next.
    Last edited by Tigboy 304; March 19th, 2021 at 02:51 AM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigboy 304 View Post
    So if truedope decided tomorrow that 4x4 pickups should be banned for the environments sake would you go along with that even though you maybe have 5 cords of wood to bring home to heat your house maybe,we should all drive a Toyota Pruis even though you may have a stock trailer to pull to get your beef to the sales barn. We all have different needs and wants and legal firearms owners have been vetted so instead of cherry picking why not actually deal with the real problem and give the police some teeth and deal with the low life pos that commit these heinous crimes. Oh I'm sorry that is not the liberal way that may require some work and heaven forbid a liberal do any actual work . Next.
    You know why they don't go after the criminals, is because Scarborough is a sea of criminals that voted for Blair. If he doesn't have the criminals vote from Scarberia he would never get elected. It would only make sense that he lowers jail time for criminals of gun crimes and gos after the low hanging fruit of licenced owners that will never vote for Blair or the liebrals

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Want to bet that by June 2022 less then 25% have been deactivated or turned in? The government does not know who owns them unless they use illegal gun registry information and even then...

I highly doubt people will. Almost everyone I have known never registered their guns to begin with.
    The difference is that when the gun registry was in place it was impossible to determine whether a gun was registered simply by looking at it. It is quite easy in most cases to tell at a glance whether a rifle falls into the prohibited category. If owners want to take the chance of keeping prohibited firearms they should be aware of the consequences and prepared to accept them if caught.

A better political strategy and a legal one would be to turn them in and accept compensation. If gun owners run up the government's costs then non-gun owners might start questioning the wisdom of spending a billion of their dollars buying back guns that were rarely a problem in the first place. The long gun registry wasn't defeated on principles but on the costs.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast