Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 117

Thread: Will you sell your banned guns to the Government or keep them?

  1. #11
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    Damn right I'll be getting my money.

    Why in the hell would I keep them for a storage only prohib designation?
    That is fine you can do whatever you want......but my integrity cannot be bought. Plus the money will not make a difference - I already have my name on Tavor waiting list.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I don't think they'll make an offer and then you can decide on take it or leave it. I think they'll take your gun and offer you a tax credit on what they estimate it's value is. Some will only turn in receivers and others the entire rifle, so It'll be interesting how that is dealt with. I expect they will move to have all the non restricted banned guns registered so they'll know where and how many there are. I'm sure there are a pile Ruger Mini's out there. Blows me away that they'll let you keep these banned guns if you promise not to use them. Shows how completely ridiculous this entire dog and pony has become.!!

  4. #13
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I don't have any on the list..even though 1/2 of them were specifically designed to kill people...but I wouldn't get rid of anything yet. The Village Idiot will eventually get turfed once the snowflakes wake up and this confiscation plan will be revoked and you can dust them off and once again take them to the range.
    I hope your right and he does get turfed but I'm afraid he'll be calling an election as soon as covid is resolved while all the CERB money he handed out is still fresh in the voter's minds.

  5. #14
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    Why in the hell would I keep them for a storage only prohib designation?
    If the next administration undid these prohibitions and allowed you to pull them out of storage again, do you think you'll regret having handed them in?
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

  6. #15
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    What are they going to do throw you in jail ? Lucky I identify as female at the moment. Heck of a way to Finnish out ones life

  7. #16
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I don't have any on the list..even though 1/2 of them were specifically designed to kill people...but I wouldn't get rid of anything yet. The Village Idiot will eventually get turfed once the snowflakes wake up and this confiscation plan will be revoked and you can dust them off and once again take them to the range.
    X2, how I feel about it also.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

  8. #17
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    If the next administration undid these prohibitions and allowed you to pull them out of storage again, do you think you'll regret having handed them in?
    It's the gun owner version of the "faint hope clause." No administration has repealed the prohibition of a firearm named in the regulations. And if in the highly unlikely event a future government did undo the prohibitions you could then go out and buy one. In between now and then the government's money could be spent on a gun you could actually use instead of having gather dust in a gun safe.

  9. #18
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    It's the gun owner version of the "faint hope clause." No administration has repealed the prohibition of a firearm named in the regulations. And if in the highly unlikely event a future government did undo the prohibitions you could then go out and buy one. In between now and then the government's money could be spent on a gun you could actually use instead of having gather dust in a gun safe.
    I don't need their money to buy another gun.......it is only $1,300 on average so I am sure it is not going to make or break anyone. Since each gun would have their individual value (in their eyes) it is a sliding scale. They will have to inspect it to assess the value of each firearm. If you do not agree on the value you can always say no and keep it as a collector. If this was not allowed there would have been a mandatory confiscation of all the guns on their list. The point is my property is NOT for sale. You can restrict my usage but you cannot have it - hell I'd turn it into a deact before I hand it in to the Government. I'm on the Tavor waiting list $2,650 - non restricted. The price of shooting just went up boys.

  10. #19
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    I don't need their money to buy another gun.......it is only $1,300 on average so I am sure it is not going to make or break anyone. Since each gun would have their individual value (in their eyes) it is a sliding scale. They will have to inspect it to assess the value of each firearm. If you do not agree on the value you can always say no and keep it as a collector. If this was not allowed there would have been a mandatory confiscation of all the guns on their list. The point is my property is NOT for sale. You can restrict my usage but you cannot have it - hell I'd turn it into a deact before I hand it in to the Government. I'm on the Tavor waiting list $2,650 - non restricted. The price of shooting just went up boys.
    Legally keeping a formerly non-restricted requires you to register the firearm, have a restricted license and upgrade storage beyond what is required for non-restricted. Each owner can decide their preferred course of action. There is, however, nothing particularly ignoble about turning a gun in for compensation nor anything particularly commendable about keeping a gun as a gesture of defiance.

  11. #20
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    I'm on the Tavor waiting list $2,650 - non restricted. The price of shooting just went up boys.
    You are free to do what ever you want, but in my opinion, I would avoid any and all firearms that are military or military looking variants. Especially semi auto center fires. I don’t think the OIC list is done. I suspect there are several models being looked at right now, including the Tavor. All it will take is a shooting in the news.
    Don’t take this as me agreeing with it. I’m just not that optimistic about black guns being left alone in Canada.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •