Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you sell your banned guns to the Government or keep them?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    You are free to do what ever you want, but in my opinion, I would avoid any and all firearms that are military or military looking variants. Especially semi auto center fires. I don’t think the OIC list is done. I suspect there are several models being looked at right now, including the Tavor. All it will take is a shooting in the news.
    Don’t take this as me agreeing with it. I’m just not that optimistic about black guns being left alone in Canada.
    Military has absolutely zero to do with this farce. Consider that the 303 Brit is still used in Canada's North by some rangers. All firearms for the most part were designed with an original intent of military use. You have to say "scary" !

Personally I think we should start a movement Called "black guns matter"

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I unfortunately had a boating accident on my way to "turn in" my ridiculous "assault riffle ban" bull . Also this is not legislation since it was an OIC that it didn't go thru the proper channels that if government changed in a month they could throw this ridiculous claim out the door and be done with it. So far unless they have secretly added anything to the list it hasn't affected me but I only have my PAL so I could just as easy sell them all tomorrow and never have to worry about anything lol

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I may as well sell my banned .22 semi, because I can’t hunt with it or use it as a training gun, and there is not much point in keeping it as a dust collector in my gun cabinet.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I don't own any of the banned guns but if I did and had to turn it in I think I might weld the chamber and muzzle shut. If I can't use it no one else will.
    It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in yer shoe.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

What guns are banned.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    What guns are banned.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Legally keeping a formerly non-restricted requires you to register the firearm, have a restricted license and upgrade storage beyond what is required for non-restricted. Each owner can decide their preferred course of action. There is, however, nothing particularly ignoble about turning a gun in for compensation nor anything particularly commendable about keeping a gun as a gesture of defiance.
    .....and you are entitled to that opinion.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Trudeaus new safe storage requirements

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think some owners will keep them and continue to use them in private.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by delmer View Post
    I think some owners will keep them and continue to use them in private.
    They key word would be "private." You'd at the very least jeopardize your membership taking one to a gun club and may risk being reported to the police.

Being caught with it in the bush risks a criminal charge, fines/incarceration, loss of your license, seizure of all other firearms, job loss, restricted volunteer opportunities and being not permitted to enter other countries. Hardly seems worth the risk to pop off a few rounds with a Mini-14.

Or you could take the government's money and buy something that doesn't bring the same potential consequences.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast