Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Will you sell your banned guns to the Government or keep them?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay89 View Post
    Got a link to show 90% of market value?
    Number roughly based on what New Zealand's just published list for their Gun Ban Buyback...

The compensation for newly prohibited firearms and pistol carbine conversion kits will be:
    95 percent of the base price for those in new or near-new condition;
    70 percent of base price for those in used condition;
    25 percent of base price for those in poor condition.
    see thread: https://www.oodmag.com/community/sho...d-Gun-Buy-Back

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Number roughly based on what New Zealand's just published list for their Gun Ban Buyback...

see thread: https://www.oodmag.com/community/sho...d-Gun-Buy-Back
    Guaran-damn-teed there'll be no such value given by a Liberal government. We'll be lucky to get a non-refunbable tax credit.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Guaran-damn-teed there'll be no such value given by a Liberal government. We'll be lucky to get a non-refunbable tax credit.
    But they'v set aside $3/4 of a Billion budget for the buy back.
    There will have to be a cash transaction, whether it's fair or not will be debatable and certainly argued.

There are Gun Shops sitting with $50+ K worth of inventory they can no longer sell. They will have to be reimbursed.
    Last edited by MikePal; February 21st, 2021 at 10:02 AM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    But they'v set aside $3/4 of a Billion budget for the buy back.
    There will have to be a cash transaction, whether it's fair or not will be debatable and certainly argued.

There are Gun Shops sitting with $50+ K worth of stock they can no longer sell.
    New Zealand, Australia and the UK all paid fair values if not better. In the few instances where Canada has compensated for firearms (e.g. T97 and BD38) they paid fairly.

It's in the government's interests to pay fair value. They want these assault-style rifles turned in. Secondly, if they offer a "tax credit" or unfair values the compensation program will likely face a court challenge.
    Last edited by Badenoch; February 21st, 2021 at 11:13 AM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

This is Justlied Trudeau.... they have already said they are worthless.... but once that door is open... what else might they declare worthless and offer the same choice for "land claims", "the environment", "the economy", "security" ..... WEF 2030 ... "you will own nothing and be happy, what you use you will rent"... rent from who? Government, Bill Gates, Amazon???

http://cherylgallant.com/blog/2020/0...iscation-plan/

Trudeau then delivered an ultimatum.

Surrender the now worthless property and receive some compensation, or hold onto your worthless property, even though you may never use or enjoy it again, and when you die the government will seize it.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Will you sell your banned guns to the Government or keep them?

Can someone post the banned list

Nevermind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boddah; February 21st, 2021 at 05:45 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boddah View Post
    Can someone post the banned list

Nevermind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are 1,500 ON the list and as per my earlier post, over 350 surprise gotcha's NOT on that list that have been added later and don't have the amnesty.
    https://www.oodmag.com/community/sho...=1#post1147508

Leads by example

User Info Menu

All of this nonsense....it makes me sick that this much time, energy and money will be put into something that won't have even a 1% influence on Godamb gang crimes.....jezus it makes my blood boil......
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBates View Post
    All of this nonsense....it makes me sick that this much time, energy and money will be put into something that won't have even a 1% influence on Godamb gang crimes.....jezus it makes my blood boil......
    You and me both! Nothing more than a over reach of their power to confiscate something legally obtained by law abiding citizens. Confiscating any thing from the law abiding citizens will do nothing to protect the general public. If the liberals wanted to work on the problem oh I'm sorry work is foreign to a liberal they might consider real jail times for offenses committed instead of hug a thug.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigboy 304 View Post
    You and me both! Nothing more than a over reach of their power to confiscate something legally obtained by law abiding citizens. Confiscating any thing from the law abiding citizens will do nothing to protect the general public. If the liberals wanted to work on the problem oh I'm sorry work is foreign to a liberal they might consider real jail times for offenses committed instead of hug a thug.
    Jail time is racist, hug-a-thug is not.