Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Will you sell your banned guns to the Government or keep them?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    All your wishful thinking means nothing, if a call is generated, the police will be dispatched and will arrive like it or not. If your place is gated they will enter on foot, a Court will probably find it was "reasonable in the circumstances" for police to attend and investigate.
    .......like it or not if a farm has Bio Security gates up the police CANNOT enter the property past the locked gates (at the road) without a warrant or landowners permission (the guy shooting beside me)

The OSPCA Act empowers inspectors or agents (such as a veterinarian or police officer) access to private property in cases where:

- a search warrant is issued by a Justice of the Peace;
    - the inspector/agent/officer observes an animal in immediate distress; or
    - the owner grants permission to enter.

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/...cts/04-003.htm

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Everything should be gated and a security risk because of covid.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

To gain entry through your gate. They just need to make a simple call. I smell smoke. Fire department will take from there and they’ll follow in

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    To gain entry through your gate. They just need to make a simple call. I smell smoke. Fire department will take from there and they’ll follow in
    All poultry farms in Niagara are now gated with posted warning signs. There is a respiratory virus going around the chicken farms in Niagara and they are VERY diligent on who they let beyond the containment zone.

They have a volunteer fire dept out that way.......will would take those guys hours to arrive. Almost as slow as cops near a Crispy Cream donut shop with the fresh out of the oven light on.
    Last edited by 410001661; February 22nd, 2021 at 11:45 AM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think everyone should google
    Runkle of the Bailey
    And watch his firearms related videos easy to listen too lawyer

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That doesn't fly in rural Ontario either. They have to have some proof of danger and the smell of smoke won't cut it.

Picture a fire brigade smashing through or cutting their way in to roll up on a kid roasting marshmallows over a campfire. Nobody is that stupid and nobody will take that chance. At best the police will jump a fence and hope the charges are big enough to warrant the mud on their face.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

WTF.....you Gilroy's partner from the days on the force or just a fellow card carrying Liberal?

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

P
    Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    .......like it or not if a farm has Bio Security gates up the police CANNOT enter the property past the locked gates (at the road) without a warrant or landowners permission (the guy shooting beside me)

The OSPCA Act empowers inspectors or agents (such as a veterinarian or police officer) access to private property in cases where:

- a search warrant is issued by a Justice of the Peace;
    - the inspector/agent/officer observes an animal in immediate distress; or
    - the owner grants permission to enter.

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/...cts/04-003.htm
    That is not absolute and it depends. Might want to google R v Godoy

It is also important to put things into context OUTSIDE of internet discussions with people who agree with you. After Canada’s worse mass killing in NS happened (even though there were many massive screw ups by the RCMP) people seem to want police to investigate these types of situations. There is public support, even expectations, for it. That dick didn’t do the firearm community any favours besides the fact when his cheese slid off his cracker, he killed a bunch of good innocent people.
    Last edited by dilly; February 22nd, 2021 at 01:18 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

If there is gunfire and a complaint the police will investigate to determine the source and legality. If some hero sets guard dogs on the officers he can expect the threat to be neutralized. If he wants to make a complaint about the investigation he can do so after the fact but the complaint will be investigated to the officer's satisfaction one way or the other.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I feel the same about people claiming to have “boating accidents” and report their guns lost. Gimme a break. What cop wouldn’t ask “why do you go boating with all your handguns and AR variants?”