Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 117

Thread: Will you sell your banned guns to the Government or keep them?

  1. #81
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    So, I watched the video. First I heard we now have to contact the CFO to sell any gun and register the exchange. When did this take effect?
    June 2019. It was in C-71.....

    https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/e...1/royal-assent
    Last edited by rick_iles; February 22nd, 2021 at 07:30 PM.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #82
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    So, I watched the video. First I heard we now have to contact the CFO to sell any gun and register the exchange. When did this take effect?
    The law requires you verify the validity of the license but you are not required to provide information on the firearm that is being transferred.

  4. #83
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    The law requires you verify the validity of the license but you are not required to provide information on the firearm that is being transferred.
    That was the impression I had. I validate the PAL but don't get any transfer number etc. That video is a bit misleading. If the CCFR wants to maintain its credibility, it better tread carefully about spreading falsehoods. That is the slippery slope the US has slid down and seems to not be able to pull itself out of. I am always a bit suspicious of organizations who sound an alarm and then ask for money too.

  5. #84
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    That was the impression I had. I validate the PAL but don't get any transfer number etc. That video is a bit misleading. If the CCFR wants to maintain its credibility, it better tread carefully about spreading falsehoods. That is the slippery slope the US has slid down and seems to not be able to pull itself out of. I am always a bit suspicious of organizations who sound an alarm and then ask for money too.
    I believe you do get a reference number when you verify a PAL....as proof the PAL was verified. The video is accurate. So, as previously posted, the only missing information, is the firearm particulars....
    Last edited by rick_iles; February 23rd, 2021 at 10:52 AM.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

  6. #85
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I believe you do get a reference number when you verify a PAL....as proof the PAL was verified. The video is accurate. So, as previously posted, the only missing information, is the firearm particulars....
    You are correct Rick. If you confirm the PAL through the CFO, they give you a reference number to prove you checked with them.

  7. #86
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Guns...no sold them all
    Mark Snow, Libertarian Kemptville, for 2020, Ontario Libertarian Party

  8. #87
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Does anyone know whether or not the money they will give you for the buyback program will be taxed?

  9. #88
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    Guns...no sold them all
    If this is your response specify that you sold them before the OIC was passed. The OIC makes it illegal to sell the firearms it prohibits.

  10. #89
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I suspect most were sold months before the OIC came out

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    If this is your response specify that you sold them before the OIC was passed. The OIC makes it illegal to sell the firearms it prohibits.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  11. #90
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    What government 😕

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •