Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Turkey : shot placement

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    not a bow hunter but wouldn't you want to include a going away option too?
    That would be a “Texas Bullseye”....
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

OK, I still use aluminum arrows, and haven't switched over to carbon. My arrow length is 35 inches. The first turkey I took with a bow had to be back some 15 years ago. I was hunting out of a tree stand that was about 14 ft in the air.. I had this Tom come in at 15 or so yds and pinned him to the root of an oak tree. He couldn't move. B2 - B3...
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I've killed a few with a crossbow (and compound) and my favorite (and lethal) shot is the "Texas heart shot". But in this scenario 3 C would be a very effective shot. If you're talking the "best" for me would be the intersection of the line between 2 and 3 and B and C. I've hit them there and they don't go anywhere. If you're thinking of the Magnus just make sure it clears your stirrup. TC

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Good point, maybe a longer arrow?

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I would put the pin on 3B and let it fly. Every turkey I've shot there didn't go out of sight before they dropped.
    "No one's interested in something you didn't do"

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillieBeno View Post
    Thanks for that. I was going to ask but didn't want to derail the thread. I only have bolt cutters right .now
    i havent used them before but there are a bunch of guys on a bunch of diff forums who recommend those, not sure what people think here tho,

start a thread on it im sure you'll get a discussion going on what people here recommend or what they use.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Great post Mike
    3C for me
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I’ve only taken two toms using crossbow. First was a 3 B-C bolt went down on far side of bird breast damaged
    Second was from behind mid back. Bird just flopped over dead bolt stuck halve way in the ground 10 yd infront of bird feathers flew for 10 yds no meat damage
    Think I’ll wait for them to turn for back shot

Bolt cutters all I have ever used

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    i havent used them before but there are a bunch of guys on a bunch of diff forums who recommend those, not sure what people think here tho,

start a thread on it im sure you'll get a discussion going on what people here recommend or what they use.
    I think I'm just gonna stick with the bolt cutters for now if I miss I might consider other options. Thanks for the info though.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillieBeno View Post
    I think I'm just gonna stick with the bolt cutters for now if I miss I might consider other options. Thanks for the info though.
    I’m kinda same as you 100gr bolt cutters have worked well is there better maybe but I shoot thru screen. Not sold on mechanicals

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast