Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wild Turkey : shot placement

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

So far this discussion pretty much tells the reason why, unless I have a Texas Bulleye, I'm always going for a head shot.
    People don't realize how small the vitals are on a turkey and that they're also obstructed from perfect view by a ton of feathers.
    Also, people don't realize the vitals are just about the same size as the head and neck area on a turkey is.
    I remember when I first started bowhunting turkeys years ago, the number of times I had to track birds which went two to three hundred yards before they died. Not because it was a bad shot, just not perfect, out maybe an inch, again because you really can't see the vitals on a turkey.
    You hit a turkey in the head and they drop like a stone. Also you either hit or miss. So yeah, pretty much always a head shot for me.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/categories/Bullheads/

We use these with the 2A shot placement, takes the head right off. Use a hanging pillow as a back stop to tune, different impact point then our broadheads. I'm always amazed how accurate they are.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    I think between 3B & 3C would be the ticket
    I agree.it has worked for me in a few Tom's farthest one ran about 30 yards

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    I always thought the magic archery spot was directly behind where the beard attached to the chest, so my pick would be B, on the line between 3/4.
    That would be a breast shot. Which is similar to a brisket shot on a deer. Not lethal at all. It's a common mistake hunters make and one I've made myself. Luckily the Tom survived.
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123