Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So they caught a gun trafficker

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Hopefully those who do not believe it will actually open this link and read.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/...015001-eng.htm

The murder rate in 2013 was half that of 1974.

Total crime rate peaked around 1990.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    After many years with law enforcement in Ontario,as a general rule of thumb,we saw that what was happening in the US always migrated north,but,it usually took about 10 years. That hasn't changed,in fact,it appears to be accelerating at an alarming rate to about half that. The gang banger/gun issue we're seeing in Canada's large cities has been occurring for the last 5 years in American big cities. Chicago and Baltimore comes to mind.
    Gang activity in the US is down significantly as well, look at the Mafia in New York.

You cannot just look at 2 years or 5 years and make a determination, that is how the government is using statistics to try to ban guns in Canada. Yes gun crime has gone up in a few years but it is way down from what it was in the past.

You are just fueling the statistics that will have your firearms taken away.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    The great thing about Canada is that most of the population does not feel a need or a want to go off to Cabela's and buy a couple of handgun's or an AR type of rifle. The constant fear displayed by American's about neighbor's, ethnic communities,
    the need to live in gated communities with armed guards, even armed guard's in school's is ABNOMAL, its a pity you do not
    realize its not normal.
    They would if they could

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePa View Post
    Boy what a difference from what you guys have to go through with regards to firearms - I can go over to Cabela's right now and buy a couple handguns and an AR type rifle and take them home - once you pick out the guns you want you go over to a area where there are computers set up - you fill out the forms on the screen and they get an ok from a check that is made on you - if you have no criminal record you are good to go with the guns - right now the biggest problem is getting ammo for certain caliber guns - so many people have bought guns that the ammo makers are having a tough time meeting the demand - the 9 mm handgun is real popular right now
    It should be the same here to but others will disagree .

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default So they caught a gun trafficker

Quote Originally Posted by JoePa View Post
    Boy what a difference from what you guys have to go through with regards to firearms - I can go over to Cabela's right now and buy a couple handguns and an AR type rifle and take them home - once you pick out the guns you want you go over to a area where there are computers set up - you fill out the forms on the screen and they get an ok from a check that is made on you - if you have no criminal record you are good to go with the guns - right now the biggest problem is getting ammo for certain caliber guns - so many people have bought guns that the ammo makers are having a tough time meeting the demand - the 9 mm handgun is real popular right now
    Hey Joe I see your letting ppl across Mexican border and giving them $1400
    Is it the going to be same Canada USA border buy me a nice gun or two

Member for Life

User Info Menu

And people worry about the guns lol.

Like I said before rocket launchers have been found here too they are banned .

Apparently so are grenade launchers and grenades , several guns and many of the didn't come from Canada .

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/londo...bust-1.5954798

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    Hey Joe I see your letting ppl across Mexican border and giving them $1400
    Is it the going to be same Canada USA border buy me a nice gun or two
    What color gun do you want?

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    He was probably misunderstood so he will probably be out very quickly.
    He will get off without any charges, as he identifies as a law abiding firearms owner and has done nothing wrong.
    Learn all you can about nature. What we don't understand, we fear and what we fear, we destroy.
    Teach a young person to hunt and fish, after all, someone taught you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345