Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bow hunting turkey

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have a question can you sit in bix blind with both shotgun and crossbow. Pick which tool works at the time

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    I have a question can you sit in bix blind with both shotgun and crossbow. Pick which tool works at the time
    Yes you can.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

With the magnus bullheads from a compound is speed or weight better when choosing an arrow? I shoot 60lbs at 26 inch draw.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Bow hunting turkey

We switched over to exclusively bow hunting about 7-8 years ago looking for increased challenge, as stated above. Using both compound and xbow. even ditched the blinds and shot a few with compounds that way. But we never got into the head-shot broadheads and after a number of mixed experiences on body shots over several years, we were eventually frustrated enough to switch back to guns. Our recovery rate wound up being 50%, obviously not good enough to carry on.

re: broadhead choice. I shot 4 turkeys with wasp jackhammer 125’s. 3 from a 200lb xcal and one from a compound. Recovered 2/4. No discernible difference from my end in terms of poi on the turkeys. All four appeared good in the moment.

a lot of people wouldn’t admit that but this is supposed to be a place to come for helpful, practical advice, so there you go for what it’s worth...
    Last edited by outdoorlife; April 15th, 2021 at 03:56 PM.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candice_h View Post
    With the magnus bullheads from a compound is speed or weight better when choosing an arrow? I shoot 60lbs at 26 inch draw.
    Maybe some others might know better, but I think you'd rather more speed and less weight since you aren't looking for penetration but accuracy with head shots and a faster lighter arrow will shoot flatter farther.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123