Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on browning trail cams and a ninja cam

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default My thoughts on browning trail cams and a ninja cam

Just wanted to leave some info and a review on some trails cams as I always searched the forums for info before buying things.

I’ve only had mostly browning cams, I’m up to 5 now. I’ve had 3 of them for at least 5 years. They are all the strike force sub micro (compact size) type with varying features. The strike force line is the red glow leds. I’ve been very happy with all of them for the most part. They take 6 AA batteries ( use energizer ultimate lithium, they are the best). They also all use a standard size as card which I like.
    The pictures are pretty good.
    The only issues I’ve encountered came from alkaline batteries leaking and causing corrosion on the contact points in the battery tray. This lead to intermittent power and resulted in the cameras shutting off randomly. I strongly recommend browning cams from my experiences and also what I’ve read on the internet.

Another cam I recently bought just out of curiosity was the Vantop Ninja cam off of Amazon. Lol it cost me $50, it has a internal viewing screen for pics and vid that actually works. It takes 8 AA batteries. It takes a micro SD card which I dislike because it is tiny and would be a pain if you dropped out in the woods. I’ve only tested it indoors so far and I must say it works reliably and the pictures, video and sound are adequate. Only time will tell if it holds up later in the year when I put it outside.
    For a cheap Amazon cam I was surprised that it functions as well as it does and I’m hoping it lasts.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have had good luck with my Amazon cams

two of these

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and one of these and they work great. Also they use full size SD cards which I have about a dozen lying around.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by C.F. View Post
    Just wanted to leave some info and a review on some trails cams as I always searched the forums for info before buying things.

I’ve only had mostly browning cams, I’m up to 5 now. I’ve had 3 of them for at least 5 years. They are all the strike force sub micro (compact size) type with varying features. The strike force line is the red glow leds. I’ve been very happy with all of them for the most part. They take 6 AA batteries ( use energizer ultimate lithium, they are the best). They also all use a standard size as card which I like.
    The only issues I’ve encountered came from alkaline batteries leaking and causing corrosion on the contact points in the battery tray. This lead to intermittent power and resulted in the cameras shutting off randomly. I strongly recommend browning cams from my experiences and also what I’ve read on the internet.

Another cam I recently bought just out of curiosity was the Vantop Ninja cam off of Amazon. Lol it cost me $50, it has a internal viewing screen for pics and vid that actually works. It takes 8 AA batteries. It takes a micro SD card which I dislike because it is tiny and would be a pain if you dropped out in the woods. I’ve only tested it indoors so far and I must say it works reliably and the pictures, video and sound are adequate. Only time will tell if it holds up later in the year when I put it outside.
    For a cheap Amazon cam I was surprised that it functions as well as it does and I’m hoping it lasts.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hey there,
    Which of those cams do you like best? I remember coming across both of them on Amazon

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I like the Meidase SL122 Pro Trail Camera the best (The first one I listed first that I bought two of) it seems easier to setup.

However I don't think they record sound. I am going to buy another one maybe two later this year as we plan to build two more stands
    in a slightly different area. Think it would be neat to record sound as well.

Hey there,
    Which of those cams do you like best? I remember coming across both of them on Amazon

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Helpful tip if you switch out mini sd cards on the spot without removing the cam from its' tree, clear the area below it of debris BEFORE you remove the card, makes it a lot easier to find it when you drop it lol.
    John

Apprentice

User Info Menu

DSCF0116.jpg DSCF0476.jpgDSCF0635.jpg
    I bought two of these based on Great Whites recommendation:
    Meidase Trail Camera 16MP 1080P , Game Camera with No Glow Night Vision Up to 65ft, 0.2s Trigger Time Motion Activated, 2.4" Color Screen Waterproof Wildlife Hunting Camera, bought off amazon.
    Extremely happy with them, have caught some real nice pics of bluejays and cardinals in flight, which must be because of the trigger speed. Night pics are really clear as well. Take full cards as well.
    Last edited by machron; March 16th, 2021 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added pics

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The big telling point for me is if they hold up to water penetration and sub temperatures.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You bought 1 off Amazon, how did it work out for you what brand did you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    The big telling point for me is if they hold up to water penetration and sub temperatures.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    You bought 1 off Amazon, how did it work out for you what brand did you buy?
    https://www.oodmag.com/community/sho...justin+hoffman

POST # 23. I have two right now they work ok but the price is way up.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    https://www.oodmag.com/community/sho...justin+hoffman

POST # 23. I have two right now they work ok but the price is way up.
    Put them in your shopping list on Amazon and just wait for the price to go down, sometimes happens in less then a week. I do it for things like coffee, 5lb could be over $60, but it goes down to under $30 after a while.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast